UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I mentioned this in passing at the Q&A part of the panel (which I imagine hasn't been picked up), but InuYasha Season 2 is coming early in 2024.

It's also a very different beast to Bleach and Naruto, where we're already receiving materials far ahead of time, and its very much our intention to have a regular and solid cadence between volumes.
Thanks for the clarification - I hadn’t heard that as I didn’t attend MCM London this time around. Am Interested to see how Naruto and Bleach will be handled compared to the US releases from a packaging perspective + episode count (it would be great to get fewer sets but with more episodes each compared to the 27-28 per Viz release.)

Last edited:
11th announcement:
  • Re:ZERO Season 2

A bit of a ****** move to save it for now when they could have done it before people imported but hey ho. Curious to see how they managed to get this one.
Oh for 🤬 if I had only waited a bit longer before getting spooked by more and more importer options being lost... Oh well, let's see if the AL CE will be superior enough to double dip for

Wow, absolutely nothing for me once again. This has been a lackluster year for me when it comes to AL's new releases. I have only ordered two releases from them this year and it seems it will stay that way.

I'll definitely double-dip and buy a UK release of Shirobako. I'd like to think it was Miles that was specifically pushing for the collector's edition. ;)

I'll probably pick up Re:Zero S2 as well, but oh boy, what a messy situation that appears to be. Well whatever, I'd be quite happy for AL to pick up that the other titles that Crunchyroll UK have lost under the sofa. I'm specifically thinking of Sonny Boy & Heike Story. Although given AL's past involvement with Naoko Yamada, that latter would seem more likely if the opportunity arose.

Blimey, between that and Bleach they're going to be busy for a while. I hope this isn't a sign of them starting to pivot to focusing on Shonen Jump.
Most likely the licenses weren't too much with the benefit of the serieses already going via BBFC. If it allows them to sell a more mass market title to allow funds for more niche titles which might not be the best sellers than its all good in my eyes.

I'm glad Re:Zero s2 is getting a release here but it's kind of a crazy situation!
I mean yeah Crunchyroll probably accidentally listed it here and didn't have the rights BUT Anime Limited was one of the sites that put it up for pre order!?!?!!
Did they forget they had the rights or at that point had they assumed crunchy had them and not even attempted? Both options are crazy.

Also happy about Food Wars but s1 & s2 are still pretty readily available so maybe start with s3 and go back?
I can see s1 not selling too well and them getting cold feet and us again never seeing s3 - s5 🤷‍♂️

Apart from that though a pretty solid line up 👍

Wow, absolutely nothing for me once again. This has been a lackluster year for me when it comes to AL's new releases. I have only ordered two releases from them this year and it seems it will stay that way.
I am starting to fear that there won't be anything for me in the Christmas Showcase 2023 either... I hope I will be proven wrong, I really really do.

My trust is fragile still waiting for inuyasha s2 so I find that hard to believe rn
I would say the difference here is that InuYasha's masters were authored wrong on the US release so AL's taking the time to fix that, whilst Bleach and Naruto don't really have much to improve upon (though ideally the Japanese Blu-ray masters would be the better option for Bleach even though it doesn't cover the filler arcs to my knowledges).

I'm specifically thinking of Sonny Boy & Heike Story. Although given AL's past involvement with Naoko Yamada, that latter would seem more likely if the opportunity arose.
Ah yes, two others (and also Shirobako minus the movie) that I have already imported already having assumed they would never arrive here... But yeah, given that history, especially with recent Liz & The Bluebird release, I would have been hopeful too about an AL Heike release.

Whilst I'm really happy they have A Place Further Than The Universe, I am hoping they can get a release put together sooner rather than later seeing as it won't be for Christmas this year as I had hoped 😔

Ah yes, two others (and also Shirobako minus the movie) that I have already imported already having assumed they would never arrive here... But yeah, given that history, especially with recent Liz & The Bluebird release, I would have been hopeful too about an AL Heike release.

Whilst I'm really happy they have A Place Further Than The Universe, I am hoping they can get a release put together sooner rather than later seeing as it won't be for Christmas this year as I had hoped 😔
Not getting A Place Further than the Universe this year is a real bummer. I also was hoping to get it this Christmas.

Not getting A Place Further than the Universe this year is a real bummer. I also was hoping to get it this Christmas.
Dont worry. It will be early bird on the 12 days of Christmas. Then delayed with an evential release date in November holding your order from shipping nearly a year

(This post was a joke and not meant to be rude towards Anime Limited. They are doing a good job considering how much a mess the Anime Industry has been over the last 3~4 years)

Curious about the November early bird line-up, normally they tone it down a lot to allow folks to save up for the December batch.

My guess is just Great Pretender for this Thursday and then Harmonie the week after and that's it.

Dont worry. It will be early bird on the 12 days of Christmas. Then delayed with an evential release date in November holding your order from shipping nearly a year

(This post was a joke and not meant to be rude towards Anime Limited. They are doing a good job considering how much a mess the Anime Industry has been over the last 3~4 years)

Unfortunately, being an international customer of AL, I can no longer pre-order their CE sets because of these astronomical delays. I usually make all my orders during the big sales that have free international shipping over £100, so I have to put 4 or 5 pre-order titles into the order to reach the free shipping. With having to pay up front for the pre-orders and needing to wait to have all the items in stock before the order ships, It's just not feasible for me anymore to go the pre-order route for Collector Editions. I now will be waiting until all the items I want are in stock and then place an order during the following big sale, so my money is not tied up for an entire year.

May double dip on a few of the Sentai licences depending on what the collector's editions look like/contains. Also, I hope Anime Limited use the newer disc masters for the Sentai titles where possible.

But of course someone licensed Shirobako, less then a month after I imported it. I told you this always happens to me. 😭

If Anime Limited is now licensing Sentai titles, please try to get The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. It baffles me to no end why this title hasn't been picked up yet. :confused:

I may also double dip on Re:Zero S2 depending on how the set looks.

Curious about the November early bird line-up, normally they tone it down a lot to allow folks to save up for the December batch.

That will inevitably be released next December. ;)

May double dip on a few of the Sentai licences depending on what the collector's editions look like/contains. Also, I hope Anime Limited use the newer disc masters for the Sentai titles where possible.

But of course someone licensed Shirobako, less then a month after I imported it. I told you this always happens to me. 😭

If Anime Limited is now licensing Sentai titles, please try to get The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. It baffles me to no end why this title hasn't been picked up yet. :confused:

I may also double dip on Re:Zero S2 depending on how the set looks.

That will inevitably be released next December. ;)
Puzzles me that nana has not been released in the uk yet
One of the greatest and nothing

Same here... at least it saves me buying AL's release I guess.

AL releasing Sentai titles isn't a new thing however. They've licensed a few here and there like Ajin, Aoharu x Machine-gun and Comet Lucifer (which still hasn't got a release lolmao). Guess they're just giving Sentai more focus now that a lot of CR titles are pretty much untouchable.

While there today I decided to ask @Hanners about any eta on the card captor sakura movies to which he admitted there's not much news on that front and they do need to work on that. @Hanners please come in and correct me if I've said something inaccurate.

Back