UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm surprised they haven't licensed Hands off the eizouken. I thought that would be one they'd love to do.
Considering how close they are with Science SARU, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least come up in conversation. Given that they've managed to license other Crunchyroll-Sentai sublicenses, I wonder if it's possible.

Well, now 2 of the 3 EB pre-oders in my latest order from AL are delayed. Beautiful Bones CE and now Lupin Part 6 CE. At least they're both scheduled now for release on April 29th. I was just waiting on a delay announcement for Golden Time CE, and AL would have had another perfect track record for CE delays, but I guess that one is in stock now.

Last edited:
I think @Shadow Cat might have meant that they're surprised a UK based anime-specific physical paper magazine is still going in the current era of digital media? But presumably if the release date has been updated then the magazine is online too? TBH I'm quite confused myself now too 😅 🤣
Plus also quite a few years ago there was a big hoo-ha about them advertising stuff from TokyoToys that was pointed out to then was counterfeit and that TokyoToys were sponsoring their Neo Awards at the time and always seem to win best merchandiser.

It was talked about a lot on the now defunct Neo Forum (with proof) but the posts kept getting deleted and the forum was eventually closed down.

Let's just say it was all extremely dodgy.

Last edited:
Had hoped to go to one of the repeat showings of SEED Freedom this weekend but I've hurt my neck and right arm so don't think braving trains and underground is a good idea. Did buy a ticket regardless for today's Prince Charles Cinema showing. Was unable to support the initial release weekend and was literally invited to the premiere for free, so I don't mind putting my money where my mouth is.

Just finished watching the Blu-ray of AnimeLtd’s release of this and noticed on episode 9 that the onscreen text through out the episode is incorrect. Hoping someone can also confirm this.
Link

This was posted on Blu-ray.com regarding Science Fell in Love. The poster didn't elaborate and nobody there has yet confirmed that anything is amiss. Anyone here, perhaps? I know we buy a lot of anime but few of us actually watch any of it...

Link

This was posted on Blu-ray.com regarding Science Fell in Love. The poster didn't elaborate and nobody there has yet confirmed that anything is amiss. Anyone here, perhaps? I know we buy a lot of anime but few of us actually watch any of it...

Ha I do actually watch what I buy... some of the time... 😅 Unfortunately haven't picked up that title (as in I didn't buy it) so can't verify ^^

Link

I've started watching it and it seems OK so far (up to the opening credits). I'll keep going just in case...

Link

I have Anime Limited's release & the Aus release, but I don't know what I'm looking for. If someone is able to confirm what the correct onscreen text is, I can check both versions.

I have Anime Limited's release & the Aus release, but I don't know what I'm looking for. If someone is able to confirm what the correct onscreen text is, I can check both versions.

After checking out both versions it looks like the onscreen text in Anime Limited's release is incorrectly timed, appearing far too early. Anime Limited  REALLY need to start QCing their own discs as this is getting ridiculous now. I'm half expecting Golden Time to be missing the english dub in one or more episodes at this point. 😮‍💨😮‍💨

EDIT: after doing some more checking it appears the mistimed text only affects the english dub, also the title for episode 8 incorrectly pops up instead of episode 9 during the opening credits.

Last edited:
After checking out both versions it looks like the onscreen text in Anime Limited's release is incorrectly timed, appearing far too early. Anime Limited  REALLY need to start QCing their own discs as this is getting ridiculous now. I'm half expecting Golden Time to be missing the english dub in one or more episodes at this point. 😮‍💨😮‍💨

EDIT: after doing some more checking it appears the mistimed text only affects the english dub, also the title for episode 8 incorrectly pops up instead of episode 9 during the opening credits.

That's really disappointing to hear. I'm almost expecting some kind of subtitle or other kind of error in all their releases now, given how many have been discovered of late.

Anime Limited make it more difficult to support physical media and the overall anime industry when you have communities of people providing a better product on the high seas.

I've noticed ever since they were bought by Embracer that release quality and their communication to customers has really dropped off. I know it wasn't perfect before but it's definitely got worse. Also as a small company they never seemed to "get back to normal" after the pandemic lockdowns. We still don't get any review discs from them for example, while we do get stuff offered by MVM.

I've noticed ever since they were bought by Embracer that release quality and their communication to customers has really dropped off. I know it wasn't perfect before but it's definitely got worse. Also as a small company they never seemed to "get back to normal" after the pandemic lockdowns. We still don't get any review discs from them for example, while we do get stuff offered by MVM.
You want to explain this @Hanners

Back