UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

There'll be no part 2s - that'd be a nasty trick. These are genuinely picks based on what we're proud of here at Anime Ltd or have a deep love for as a show or the projects we've worked on - which was a real challenge to fit in so none of the other sale days were repeats xD.

AP

Everything in the mystery box is pre April 2016 still right?

I have to admit I'd be totally up for a release of Excel Saga - it was one of the first ADV releases I got into and I still rate it as one of the funniest anime comedies out there.

I was thinking @anime_andrew , since you have a big holdback for Your Name, would it be possible to get a Ultimate Edition type set out early while the standard editions are after the holdback period (like how Aniplex can put their sets out quickly but at a cost of providing a limited edition at high price).

Other than that I don't mind having to wait until the holdback has ended, though I guess another potential solution is to put the film up on Crunchyroll during Makoto Shinkai days* exclusively to UK & Ireland Crunchyroll users who can't attend cinema screenings in their area?

*Every now and then, almost all of Shinkai's works are available to stream on Crunchyroll for the weekend. It generally happens every now and then.

Surely the ideal solution would just be to release physically day-and-date with the Japanese edition (if possible?) at the same price to prevent reverse-imports (I'm saying this more in the case that the JP edition ends up having English subs).

And hopefully a VOD solution sooner if possible to help curb piracy. I'd happily rent the movie for £3.99 on Amazon/iTunes if it meant being able to see it again before a potential October physical release.

Or just give it another week(end) of screenings between now and the eventual home video release? Little/no piracy risk, people can see the film for the price of a ticket, the press might re-print their reviews...

This Q4. I remember it being mentioned that there was gonna be a surprise Q4 Gundam title being released or announced at least. Haven't heard anything though.

In guesses from myself and other forum members on twitter, we found out that it's not a UC title so can't be the Trilogy.

IIRC, was meant to be a release but yes, it does seem too late for that, hence whey I said announcement as I'm guessing that by this time, that's all we'd get.

I mean, surely if it's a surprise, it's entirely possible it's on track to release and they haven't said anything because, you know, it's a surprise?

No. It would have to be on Amazon and other online retailers by now. Unless they chose to forgo the largest retailers in the UK and make it an AL webstore exclusive, it's probably too late for it to be Q4 or early Q1.

Back