UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Will try this evening together with the JP release.
That would be great as the subtitles in the UK release were really annoying and kinda impacted my enjoyment of the movie tbh (still loved it though). I mean it may be an unavoidable thing that comes with having to sub so many things on the screen but I've never noticed it in anything before now.

That would be great as the subtitles in the UK release were really annoying and kinda impacted my enjoyment of the movie tbh (still loved it though). I mean it may be an unavoidable thing that comes with having to sub so many things on the screen but I've never noticed it in anything before now.

I agree, I was watching it with someone who doesn't usually watch things with subtitles and they were really struggling to follow what was going on whenever the flashing happened.

I agree, I was watching it with someone who doesn't usually watch things with subtitles and they were really struggling to follow what was going on whenever the flashing happened.

Either I'm used to the flashing now, or it's a Player compatibility thing, as I didn't see any subtitle flashing on my Panasonic deck.

Either I'm used to the flashing now, or it's a Player compatibility thing, as I didn't see any subtitle flashing on my Panasonic deck.
Turns out that this is the case. I watched it on my PS4 (as I do most of my BDs) and the flashing subs were there and very noticeable, but after reading this comment I stuck it in my xbox one and the flashing subs seem to be gone, or at the very least no where near as noticeable. That's annoying.

Turns out that this is the case. I watched it on my PS4 (as I do most of my BDs) and the flashing subs were there and very noticeable, but after reading this comment I stuck it in my xbox one and the flashing subs seem to be gone, or at the very least no where near as noticeable. That's annoying.

Yeah, I find the Xbox One to be a better bluray player than the PS4, especially the One S whick supports 4k bluray unlike the PS4 Pro. The PS3 still beats both of them hands down for bluray playback though.

It has very little to do know with one being a better blu-ray player than the other but more with how good the firmware is and how often you get an update.

Think my OPPO BDP-93 can be considered obsolete as it doesn't receive anymore firmware upgrades at all, but the later models (BPD-103 amongst others) did get some firmware updates for fast disappearing subtitles after i did some investigation on this.

OK just did a quick check of the first few minutes of the JP release, and on that release no problems whatsoever with fast disappearing or flickering subtitles. Also the ripped UK version played through Plex has no problems.

So think we can conclude that is a player-firmware-disc encoding related thing.

OK just did a quick check of the first few minutes of the JP release, and on that release no problems whatsoever with fast disappearing or flickering subtitles. Also the ripped UK version played through Plex has no problems.

So think we can conclude that is a player-firmware-disc encoding related thing.
Thanks for checking it out, pretty unfortunate as I always watch on my PS4 and didn't realise that different players could cause playback issues like this tbh. Oh well, I guess my xbox one may get used for once should I ever run in to this problem again.

Unless I missed it, it seems like Funimation isn't releasing the 4K BD of Your Name. Should I just assume that it'll be the same for Anime Ltd or is there a chance of it appearing in the Ultimate Edition that may or may not come?

Unless I missed it, it seems like Funimation isn't releasing the 4K BD of Your Name. Should I just assume that it'll be the same for Anime Ltd or is there a chance of it appearing in the Ultimate Edition that may or may not come?

This. A million times this. I need this. Like seriously. Surely releasing ultimate as dual play BD+UHD has got to be the marketing folks wet dream. "The first UHD Anime release in the UK"? I mean the thing is currently sat in the IMDB top 100 (90).

Tbh I'm not fussed about 4k the film wasn't even make in true 4k so for me there's no point to it. It will just make the ultimate edition very expensive for a handful of people who own 4k BD players

So I listened to the most recent podcast. Question! Why don't AL release Rick & Morty in the UK? Madman have it in AU so you can blag it's anime(tion) ;)

Come on guys, easy money £££££

So I listened to the most recent podcast. Question! Why don't AL release Rick & Morty in the UK? Madman have it in AU so you can blag it's anime(tion) ;)

Come on guys, easy money £££££

Its not really anime though so doesn't fit in with the company brief. It's more likley Manga would pick it up as they do release non anime titles.

Back