UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Had the same email about Day 9 and Day 11. It's a shame but luckily these are just gifts to myself so I don't mind waiting.
No email about Day 7 Assassination Classroom, so hopefully I at least get that before Christmas.

If there's one thing AL are great at, it's delays. I don't understand how the stock wasn't ready in advance though. Surely if they know, for example, they're offering 100 copies of FMA Part 1 on day 9, it would make sense to have that stock at their fulfillment house by the day it's on sale.

I would of made sure stock for all the days MVM would be shipping out for them so Days 1-11 I believe were there before Day 1 started.

But I don't run a company, and don't know the underlying specifics into how AL are doing things.

Hope the mystery box doesn't get delayed.

They've stated on twitter that they are only starting on the Mystery Boxing packaging (and hadn't pre-packed them) due to waiting on stock.

I'd be worried that they will be delayed, but also hope for them to ship soon. I hope we can get an update on the biggest item of the sale.

If there's one thing AL are great at, it's delays. I don't understand how the stock wasn't ready in advance though. Surely if they know, for example, they're offering 100 copies of FMA Part 1 on day 9, it would make sense to have that stock at their fulfillment house by the day it's on sale.

If stock was actually delivered on time then we wouldn't have this problem.

I would of made sure stock for all the days MVM would be shipping out for them so Days 1-11 I believe were there before Day 1 started.

But I don't run a company, and don't know the underlying specifics into how AL are doing things.

I suspect if you did run a company, the warehouse costs for storing that much stock would bankrupt you pretty quickly. ;)

Joking aside though, we have done as much as possible to ensure that the right stock is in the right place at the right time before the sale started, but stock delivery issues over the Black Friday and Christmas season compounded with the sheer popularity of the deals has unfortunately put us in the situation in question. Honestly, we'd rather warn people that some orders may not make the Christmas post rather than just keeping quiet to avoid the flak and leaving people to be disappointed.

Beyond this immediate discussion, I will say that we've already had an internal discussion about next year's festive period and ways to further alleviate these kinds of issues, so rest assured that we're learning as we grow and really appreciate everyone's support on that count. At the end of the day, running any business is always a learning experience year on year - especially when it comes to major tentpole events like the 12 Days of Christmas - and we've learned plenty on this occasion, so we totally hear you if you're disappointed about potential shipping delays.

Yeah it does seem like potentially poor planning but I’m not sure of background stuff, like for instance how large their warehouse etc. Would be, how much space was already allocated in it or even if their deliveries were cancelled due to weather. Ultimately thought yeah, it does seem like it could have been better planned, I’m not complaining though, I’d rather have a sale with some hiccups in delivery than no sale.

I'm honestly not bothered by any delays. By looking at my order numbers for day 1 and day 12 I've worked out they had approximately 3500 orders in the 12 days. AL/MVM aren't quite the size of Amazon and don't have thousands of staff packing boxes 24 hours a day. As long as they arrive safely then I don't have a problem. I can understand some peoples disappointment if they're for gifts though.

Yeah it does seem like potentially poor planning but I’m not sure of background stuff, like for instance how large their warehouse etc. Would be, how much space was already allocated in it or even if their deliveries were cancelled due to weather. Ultimately thought yeah, it does seem like it could have been better planned, I’m not complaining though, I’d rather have a sale with some hiccups in delivery than no sale.
Not really, the logistics for the sale this year would have been far more difficult this year considering the amount of titles on offer, especially day 5, far exceeded previous Christmas sales. Then compound that with AL seeming to get far more orders than usual during the sale.

Normally I would buy stuff on 2-3 days, this year I bought stuff on 7 days this year.

I got the e-mail (well, e-mails because I ordered twice after giving in on something I originally passed on...) about the Day 11 stuff. Thankfully they were just for me, not Christmas gifts, so I can wait.

Back