UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Interesting. A transparent case. That's rather rare for anime outside of Japan (or AoA). I do like those though. Also no DVD, is this a phasing out or was there never one to begin with? (I think most of the movie CEs came in combo digipacks or so?)
This follows Gundam Thunderbolt design no digipack no DVD no book.
And both seem very overpriced

Sorry AL, but that’s gotta he the lamest CE you’ve done. I hate Digipaks, but if you were gonna use a standard case from the beginning, just do a standard edition.

The only way this could be acceptable be me is if this is a “clone” of the Japanese release- using the same video and audio encode but with subtitles. If it’s a French author, then I’m out. If it’s Justin Sevakis, I’m for it, though.

What's so bad with a case in a chipbox? (And transparent isn't even really standard for BD cases.)
Nothing. I wouldn’t consider it a CE, though. If it came with more physical extras, then I’d be fine with it.

Either way- it’s probabky better than what FUNi will do when they release it.

honestly outside not having the 52p booklet JP came with the packaging is superior here.

I was able to get a look at the JP sets while in holiday, and honestly outside of the metalic print finish they werent that impressive.

It doesn't feel CE to me. And if all 3 are getting CEs I would have liked the spine from the JP BDs like they are each a separate book as it would look cool on the shelf. And its the price no digipack and a cheap clear Amaray and charging £35 thats why I'm annoyed the price no SE and £35 RRP for THAT

Code Geass: Initiation comes to Blu-ray in November 2018 – All the Anime
Sub only is gonna bite them in the **** i feel
Preorders go live Friday cant insure a time cos MCM
And it is at MCM too

Also no Se even they showed it in cinemas.......
Had been curious about this. Kind of a bummer we can't use the code at MCM bur can imagine what a nightmare that would be to keep track of.

"[Promo code]! Gimme my free Geass."
"No."
"Why not?!'
"Because you're the 100th person to quote that code today with no concrete proof you were there."

How is this any different to the CE's Aniplex or Funi do? I don't see what makes this "Not a CE" 😞

Looks good to me. Art cards could be better, but obviously these were the only ones availible.

How is this any different to the CE's Aniplex or Funi do? I don't see what makes this "Not a CE" 😞

Looks good to me. Art cards could be better, but obviously these were the only ones availible.
AL have spoilt us then. I expect from AL for a film a book, and a digipack even E7 had those and that film is ****

Thank you! :)

Whats a chipbox, digipak etc please?

I'd love to sort of learn more so I understand what you guys are saying and understand gripes, your points etc.

Teach me the ways of your lingo! :)
Chipboard is the hard cardboard AL use for CE boxes.
And a digipack is " Digipak cases typically consist of a gatefold (book-style) paperboard or card stock outer binding, with one or more plastic trays capable of holding a CD or DVD attached to the inside."

Thank you! :)

Whats a chipbox, digipak etc please?

I'd love to sort of learn more so I understand what you guys are saying and understand gripes, your points etc.

Teach me the ways of your lingo! :)

Chipboard box means the box its being stored in is made from chipboard, which is a sturdy material.

Digipack is a type of disc holder different from a amaray case. It's made from rigid cardboard, and has a disc holder glued inside. They are popular for being able to display large pieces of art on the inside, and outside.

Yeah, it was around £50. We got to watch the movie, a screencap art card of Lelouch with the code on the back and an A3 version of the UK poster.

Effectively it's a rebate code.

My copy of Kimi no na wa (Japanese Special Edition) is a Digipak. Here’s some images

Plus my copy of Legend of the Galactic Heroes has 4:

It’s the fold outs with extra artwork. I love that the artwork is nice, but I’m not a fan of the build quality, and generally prefer a standard case (preferably a Criterion case).

Also, while I don’t watch dubs, if FUNi releases the film in, say early 2019 with a dub, then this BD will be obsolete. I seriously hope you (AL) know what you’re doing- otherwise this won’t come off good.

Also, while I don’t watch dubs, if FUNi releases the film in, say early 2019 with a dub, then this BD will be obsolete. I seriously hope you (AL) know what you’re doing- otherwise this won’t come off good.
I'd say timely access to dubs may be an issue with Funi going forward. AL probably won't get access to the materials until after Funimation have recouped the costs and the rights to the dub revert to the licensor. This shouldn't be an issue with tv series due to their subscription service but will affect movies that did not receive a dubbed theatrical release.

Back