UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how much to read into this. Though the timing is very interesting.

A quiet start to the year then a need for someone to liaise with the French team.

"Andrew, he's theorising again-"
"Ssssh...it amuses me to see what he comes up with."

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans season 1,2
I really dont want to import these (madman) as they won't go with the uk sets, but with no announcement from anime limited should I?

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans season 1,2
I really dont want to import these (madman) as they won't go with the uk sets, but with no announcement from anime limited should I?
IBO is unavailable in the UK as Funimation have the rights. This series is not covered by ALs distribution deal with Sunrise.

Tbh I can't see Manga releasing it at this stage either so import away.

IBO is unavailable in the UK as Funimation have the rights. This series is not covered by ALs distribution deal with Sunrise.

Tbh I can't see Manga releasing it at this stage either so import away.
No no. Madmans box has no mention on Funimation at all its all sunrise. Yes it’s funi’s discs but it’s sunrise on the box. I don’t think it’s covered but it’s a separate license from Sunrise and I think Sunrise thought it has legs they gave it to FUNi

AL, you’re out of your goddamn minds with that markup. When people can order from Amazon JP and get the same thing for ~£20 less, you’ve lost sales on it.

Yeah I wasn't gonna mention that as no I dont want that.
Im stupid enough to spend £60 on an apparently average film. Thats enough. I dont want booklets as much I adore my UBW JP Set it does pain me I cant read the books as they far superiorly printed to how AoA print them.

Why are AL including an Audio CD you cant listen to?
That confuses me.
I assume because it's just the Japanese set and thus comes with whatever the Japanese set comes with? Like are you suggesting they should remove it? I fail to see what's confusing about it tbh.

As a side not, would be nice if we could get some of the Gundam we were told was coming well over a year ago to pre-order. Did we ever actually get that update we were told was coming? Been a bit out of the loop tbh.

I assume because it's just the Japanese set and thus comes with whatever the Japanese set comes with? Like are you suggesting they should remove it? I fail to see what's confusing about it tbh.

As a side not, would be nice if we could get some of the Gundam we were told was coming well over a year ago to pre-order. Did we ever actually get that update we were told was coming? Been a bit out of the loop tbh.
Why would I pay for something I cant listen to. It just felt like a big advert to say dont buy it.
I would love to know if we were getting FMP dancing merry christmas audio like FUNi is but that wasn't listed for Q2 either

Unless I’m mistaken there hasn’t been much of anything on the Gundam front lately.

Back