UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The online store I work for used to use yodel who are awful. I understand they would usually just throw your package over the fence rather than dropping it off, and I only know that because one customer sent an item back with a limerick written on it to show his dissatisfaction with yodel.

Wow, that is awful. It'll be a pain to try and claw back the customs fee too. AL should provide a refund once they see the first image.
Most likely they will send out a replacement, this should be zero valued for customs. Due to our location it is not unusual to have to send items to and from the UK for repair as well which will also not incur customs fees.

Iirc AL will put a value of £1 on the replacement though which may incur another €0.50 customs charge plus An Posts €3.50 clearance fee.

Not always.

Last week I received a replacement item with declared value set to £34.99. I don't mind paying the clearance fees, but it's kinda dumb to pay VAT twice for one item (an item that was cheaper than £34.99 because I bought it during sale). AL refused to refund the extra VAT. Complained about it, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Yep, I got a shipping notice email for Oedo 808 as well, although I won't see it arrive here in the US for about 10-14 days.

My Summer Ghost CE shipped from AlltheAnime on January 31, but it has not arrived here yet, and the tracking for it still has not been updated since the initial "awaiting receipt of package" post, even though AL told me the package was picked up. The Deer King CE shipped in a separate package on the same day from AL, with a complete tracking history, and I received that one on February 9th. So Summer Ghost is out there in limbo somewhere.

Last edited:
Not always.

Last week I received a replacement item with declared value set to £34.99. I don't mind paying the clearance fees, but it's kinda dumb to pay VAT twice for one item (an item that was cheaper than £34.99 because I bought it during sale). AL refused to refund the extra VAT. Complained about it, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Hmm, have to contact AL too about a replacement that was declared full value, after trying for a rather long time to get that replacement in the first place...

@ussjtrunks yeah IOSS for AL would be great.

I can’t even justify this with a response anpost really charged me 23€ customs to deliver this
View attachment 28324View attachment 28325View attachment 28326
It's a sign of the times that one could even have the audacity to deliver something in that state (let alone Eva🤬) and then charge for this appalling excuse for a service, utterly shameless. Accidents happen, and that would be understandable, but this?! Fools should've returned to sender and arranged reparations, but no, that's more of your time and energy to be wasted thanks to their shambolic "delivery". Sorry dude and hope AL can sort out another one for you quickly.

A couple of frames of the new Cyber City disc, and I am happy. The disc that should have been released to begin with. What's funny is that the documentary contains clips from the first attempt, and it only highlights just how bad that was.
Waiting for the standard edition but happy to hear its better. The artifacting on the first disc made me think it was faulty.

AL sent out my replacement Evangelion today, fairly sure the customs fee I paid is lost. I emailed An Post and they sent me a reply saying I needed like 17 documents and had to post them off and then wait upto 6 months for a refund. I have not got time for that lol

Last edited:
AL sent out my replacement Evangelion today, fairly sure the customs fee I paid is lost. I emailed A Post and they sent me a reply saying I needed like 17 documents and had to post them off and then wait upto 6 months for a refund. I have not got time for that lol
This is something that AL should be handling on your behalf to get refunded.

Being forced to pay that customs fee for something that is so egregiously damaged is downright malicious by A Post.

This is something that AL should be handling on your behalf to get refunded.

Being forced to pay that customs fee for something that is so egregiously damaged is downright malicious by A Post.

AL won't be able to get An Post to refund the original customs charge since it's entirely between the recipient and the postal service, though they should be able to provide documents to prove that the replacement was a free replacement etc. It always annoys me when a postal service makes you post physical documents to claim a refund for their screw-up; it's like you're giving them more custom because they did something wrong!

R

AL won't be able to get An Post to refund the original customs charge since it's entirely between the recipient and the postal service, though they should be able to provide documents to prove that the replacement was a free replacement etc. It always annoys me when a postal service makes you post physical documents to claim a refund for their screw-up; it's like you're giving them more custom because they did something wrong!

R
Then that's the ideal option, I didn't know that getting a refund of customs charge isn't a option. I know the US Customs offers such a program for defective merchandise, which is why I mentioned it.

Then AL should definitely be submitting documents to prove the replacement was free so they don't have to pay customs twice for essentially one functional item.

Back