UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So in the end the standard Cardcaptor Sakura isn't going to cost much less than if I'd preordered the special edition, sigh... Was the spec edition worth it?
It was worth the £80ish it went for at early bird, but definitely not the £130 it's listed for now. The box is nice and the booklet has a good essay about the history of the show and Clamp in general (very little artwork in it though), but you're looking at a £60 difference between the standard and collector's editions currently.

Never heard of this show before, can anyone recommend it?

I was wondering the same, it's MAL score is 7.16 at the time of me writing this, I'd be interested to hear what others here thought of it but I can't really afford it rn anyway so will likely wait for a sale (those OSTs are tempting though!) :)

I was wondering the same, it's MAL score is 7.16 at the time of me writing this, I'd be interested to hear what others here thought of it but I can't really afford it rn anyway so will likely wait for a sale (those OSTs are tempting though!) :)

I tend not to trust MAL scores especially when it concerns CGI series. I wouldn't be surprised if some viewers gave it lower scores not because the CGI is good or bad but rather because it's CGI at all. It's a shame some people will see a CGI series and immediately assume the worst.

Wasn't too happy with Knights of Sidonia or Ajin in terms of Polygon Pictures ! It's weird when the Gorillaz from 2001 look more full of life than a CG anime studio... well their Star Wars project looks promising at least

Wasn't too happy with Knights of Sidonia or Ajin in terms of Polygon Pictures ! It's weird when the Gorillaz from 2001 look more full of life than a CG anime studio... well their Star Wars project looks promising at least
It's been a few years but I recall I too wasn't much of a fan of Ajin. Very important to keep in mind that both shows were produced eight to nine years ago. Having watched Blame, Human Lost and Estab-Life I can say they've improved a lot since then.

Already watched the first episode of Levius and I'm definitely considering the CE. Their upcoming adaptation of The Idolm@ster: Shiny Colors also looks promising. Definitely up there with Sanzigen and Orange as one of the best CG studios.

Last edited:
Back