UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Tempting, but I might consider holding off this year, as I'm planning on saving money for next year's Glasgow leg of SLA (I'm planning on staying in Glasgow for longer to explore more of the city I didn't get a chance to last time around), as well as a few other expenses.

If they do the same as previous sales & release one title/early bird per day, that's enough for seven days, eight if you include mystery boxes. So ther is still four days unaccounted for, unless the lighting deal day & MVM sale day count towards the twelve days.
I'd need to rewatch the vid for the exact wording but it made it seem like each day wouldn't have a new release

Hi folks!

Been a while but have been as ever busy and am just back from Anime NYC. Hope folks are doing well?

Few quick points I wanted to share from feedback I'd read:
  • Re the titles announced - We realise people are used to brand new titles, but after careful consideration this year we felt it made sense to focus on executing titles we knew we'd have ready about then. This is in part as people have guessed due to how we ship product now as well and our general desire to deliver these products sooner.

• Delays are natural - so it'd be wild of me to insist it won't happen but we are working away hard, masters are flowing in and packaging concepts are all approved and in print now. With the new shipping policy it made sense to have product we were comfortable would be available within December (or in case of exceptional issues) January at the latest.

• Historically we have brought brand new licenses - but keep in mind we do listen to what people are looking for. While we can't always deliver it on the timeline folks would like (and we would like) I would point out that some of the titles folks are yearning for are on our very own Santa list for the year too. Hopefully we've not been too naughty this year...!
Hope folks are well and regardless of the new titles, you have a great Christmas with the best anime releases at some really good price points!

Very best,

AP

PS - I wasn't on the filming (same as Keith) as we were busy delivering the products! We're doing an Ask Andrew in due course this week so you'll still see me on the old YouTube too :D.

Hi folks!

Been a while but have been as ever busy and am just back from Anime NYC. Hope folks are doing well?

• Re the titles announced - We realise people are used to brand new titles, but after careful consideration this year we felt it made sense to focus on executing titles we knew we'd have ready about then. This is in part as people have guessed due to how we ship product now as well and our general desire to deliver these products sooner.

• Delays are natural - so it'd be wild of me to insist it won't happen but we are working away hard, masters are flowing in and packaging concepts are all approved and in print now. With the new shipping policy it made sense to have product we were comfortable would be available within December (or in case of exceptional issues) January at the latest.

• Historically we have brought brand new licenses - but keep in mind we do listen to what people are looking for. While we can't always deliver it on the timeline folks would like (and we would like) I would point out that some of the titles folks are yearning for are on our very own Santa list for the year too. Hopefully we've not been too naughty this year...!
Hope folks are well and regardless of the new titles, you have a great Christmas with the best anime releases at some really good price points!

Very best,

AP

PS - I wasn't on the filming (same as Keith) as we were busy delivering the products! We're doing an Ask Andrew in due course this week so you'll still see me on the old YouTube too :D.
Any word at all on the missing Love Live titles being streamed on Crunchyroll, ITV X or some other service? It's ridiculous how the UK is missing out on three seasons and an OVA.

I feel abit bad for animelimited to be fair
They are getting alot of hate of people.
There is only so much they can do and release, and im sure they are trying there best
Sometimes its out of their hands if releases get delayed etc
Im just greatful we have 1 or 2 companies in the uk that are bringing anime to us, imagine importing it all and the cost it will be?
We all want something from them to come out and in quickspeed but it not viable!!!
Im sure there is some stuff they havent told us about to be fair!

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to picking up Shirobako and was very happy when AL announced they had it at MCM. Tempted by Kids on the Slope as well since I don't own the previous release, but depends on the price as there's not a lot in the way of extras there to entice me if it's £40 (especially as someone not on Unlimited so no discount there).

I also prefer the focus on things that will actually ship sooner than later, speaking as someone who ordered Bookworm in the last Christmas sale and only received it earlier this month. :p

There is only so much they can do and release, and im sure they are trying there best
Sometimes its out of their hands if releases get delayed etc
Im just greatful we have 1 or 2 companies in the uk that are bringing anime to us, imagine importing it all and the cost it will be?
We all want something from them to come out and in quickspeed but it not viable!!!
Im sure there is some stuff they havent told us about to be fair!

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate & I am very grateful for everything AL do, & I don't actually mind the delays to be honest. But when a title (Nadia) gets delayed by 11 month, has qc issues including a missing episode & mistakes in the book & is valued at £150 to £200, I think I like many others have the right to get annoyed.

Just like to clarify I am not angry, just wanted to explain how I feel about the whole situation. :)

Hi folks!

Very best,

AP

I appreciate you coming here (and didn't even consider you were out of the country) but go back and you'll see some other issues. @Hunter_Killer has been emailing you for weeks with no reply and @Magical Senshi has reported a big problem with his nadia release which @MVM Have confirmed with there copies, you could at least acknowledge it and say your looking into it and how to fix it.

Forgive me for my ignorance as I've never been through a Christmas sale with alltheanime before, but will the new Kaiji release have a special early bird price or will it just be a standard price?

I mean, MVM were able to visit the forum, mention they have tested Nadia disks and found a fault so suspended sales until they find out more information

While Anime Limited haven't mentioned anything. Not even a "We are seeing some reports that one of our disks for Nadia isn't playing correctly, we will investigate the cause and will get back to you as soon as possible"

I know Demelza explained the whole QA thing with books, but I'm still surprised when Anime Limited are looking at £200 a set, nobody at their quality control noticed the incorrect names when the A4 booklets only 136 pages long. It just doesnt sit right for me..

Especially after managing to miss they had the description of Penguin Highway in this years Scotland Loves Anime booklet... Wrong year lol

Their quality control seems to have gone down a little lol

I mean, MVM were able to visit the forum, mention they have tested Nadia disks and found a fault so suspended sales until they find out more information

While Anime Limited haven't mentioned anything. Not even a "We are seeing some reports that one of our disks for Nadia isn't playing correctly, we will investigate the cause and will get back to you as soon as possible"

I know Demelza explained the whole QA thing with books, but I'm still surprised when Anime Limited are looking at £200 a set, nobody at their quality control noticed the incorrect names when the A4 booklets only 136 pages long. It just doesnt sit right for me..

Especially after managing to miss they had the description of Penguin Highway in this years Scotland Loves Anime booklet... Wrong year lol

Their quality control seems to have gone down a little lol
Isnt it since the takeover they have been abit hit and miss those? 🤔
Thing is if they know they have done wrong they will fix it... They normally do
And also havent they been away this past week or so?
Anger wont do anything those, people can be abit peed about it but they will fix it

Isnt it since the takeover they have been abit hit and miss those? 🤔
Thing is if they know they have done wrong they will fix it... They normally do
And also havent they been away this past week or so?
Anger wont do anything those, people can be abit peed about it but they will fix it
Anger is when they asked me to write a number in permanent marker on Your Lie in April Part 1 set, so they could send a replacement that had the correct size, replacement was then sent in a jiffy bag that got completely destroyed and then ignored my emails asking for a replacement...

This is simply disappointment that they had 11 months to make sure the set was ready for retail. Thankfully doesnt bother me too much as I didnt buy it... I'm just more amazed it happened

My package with Bookworm CE, Nadia UE, and Tower of God UE from the 2022 Christmas sale finally got picked up by Fedex from AlltheAnime today, after sitting for an entire week at "Label Created." Guess I'll see it arrive next week sometime over here in the US. After that I hopefully will be able to request a replacement disc for the Nadia UE, and wait another 3-4 months, lol.

I wouldn't say I'm angry. Annoyed, yes. But, angry? That's not the word. If anything, this is why I sent them an e-mail. I kept it civil while still pointing out things wrong with the Blu-ray set. I didn't mention anything about the QC errors with the A4 book in my e-mail though, as I felt that the missing episode was more important.

I received Nadia UE a day earlier than FedEX informed me. The package was huge, 70% empty, but the item survived without any bends or anything like that. I reproduced the issue with the lack of/not possible to play episode 18 on Blu-ray. I won't play it on my UHD/BD player. I'll check on my PC to see if it's a problem with the playlist tomorrow. I haven't watched UHD yet, so I won't let you know how it turned out. The box with the UHD/BD-cases itself is wonderful. Embossed letters, slippery elements, beautiful graphics.

The book is really great. It resembles the one known from Evangelion - a lot of information, some historical context from which the inspiration was taken. I was amused by the descriptions of extras that were on LD, but they are not here (there is a note that they are not there). While browsing, apart from the monitored page with a typo and naming Lion Nadia, I didn't see any more errors. Maybe there's something else, but I don't know. If there is any visible improvement on the UHD discs and I get an improved BD disc, I will say that it is a wonderful edition, really.

Note: I'm a huge fan of this series, so I look at everything differently.

As for the Christmas announcements... Is this some kind of joke? I mean, first of all, there's very little of it, and secondly, nothing here blew me away. There are titles here that I will definitely pick up, Aku no Hana or Kaiji, but most of them are returns after years of series that have already been released in the UK (Parasite). If that's all, skipping these sales will be incredibly easy this year.

Thanks, @bakura, for mentioning my problem.

Yes, I can be "angry", why shouldn't I be? I have been buying at Anime Ltd for several years and everyone encouraged me to buy "Anime (Un)Limited" - so that I could save and profit. Since I purchased, not even one order with the discount used has been sent to me. Not even one, and there were several of them. One Piece? I'm waiting. Spy x Family (this one is probably delayed. I guess no one got it, and it has the status "Coming soon")? I'm waiting. September's sale? I'm waiting. Evangelion? I'm waiting. On October 24, they wrote to me last time and saying that Gunbuster should be available any day now and that they would ship my sale order right away. In fact, after this date it appeared in the store, then it was lost/sold out, and the order was not sent, nor was there a response.

But I am naturally easily forgiving. If they finally wrote me back and sent me something, he would probably like them again xD

Last edited:
I’m certainly okay with a quieter and smaller slate. 2023 has been a good year for physical releases in general. I’ll probably cop Kaiji, Kids on the Slope and Shirobako. I’m tempted to grab Parasyte, but I’ve already got Sentai’s dual LE sets. I’ll have to consider if I want to pair them down to Anime Limited’s release.

Back