UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Have All the Anime announced what times these ā€œtime-limitedā€ deals start and how long for? Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m not at work at that time.

What are people's thoughts on the Xmas mystery boxes? Any good?

Do they put sale items in them? What I'm worried about is if I buy some regular sale stuff and then get the mystery boxes, is there a chance that you can get duplicates?

Do they put sale items in them? What I'm worried about is if I buy some regular sale stuff and then get the mystery boxes, is there a chance that you can get duplicates?
There are no sale items or duplicates in the 2 mystery boxes, as for if they're any good that varies depending on how many AL CE releases you have purchased over the last few years.

Last edited:

They are good if you have a small collection. I used to buy them to try out new shows, but now I own quite a lot of things and risk getting many duplicates

mystery box items are never in the sale, so no buying dupes in the sale as sniper_smaurai mentioned.
The mystery boxes at christmas are usually pretty good as they are all collector's edition.
If your unsure most years you can wait and find out the contence, but its just depends how quickly people recieve there mystery box and assuming they don't sell out before hand).

I personally quite like them, but I will almost certainly have some of the items in the mystery boxes, but that more down to me buying alot of stuff from them.
But usually they cost around Ā£45 (maybe Ā£50 (probabaly need to check the previous christmas thread, also NormaicGrav already set up this years so you should broswe that 2023 christmas thread)), not sure if tha'll still be the case with the recent ish (well this year) price change and you can use your 10-15% discount code on them too.
So it can roughly be under Ā£10 per CE, I would say its usually 2 films and 3 series but that just an estimation.

Last edited:
AL will be releasing Patlabor the Movie

Great news as it's a masterpiece and has been OOP for too long. I have the US set but, as I've said before, would be happy to double dip if they can include the LPCM 2.0 tracks from the Japanese release - the US release of the Patlabor movies only have the 5.1 'sound renewal' tracks that are complete re-recordings with different special effects and music placements.

Fingers crossed for 4K too. And more Oshii! Angel's Egg, Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!, and Vlad Love would be great.

Hi all. Does anyone know if G gundam part 1 got delayed? Since it was meant to be released on 27TH November. Also Amazon uk has part 1 scheduled for release on December 18th.

Hi all. Does anyone know if G gundam part 1 got delayed? Since it was meant to be released on 27TH November. Also Amazon uk has part 1 scheduled for release on December 18th.
Mobile Fighter G Gundam Part 1 was delayed to 11th December at the start of the month.

I reckon Anime Limited probably wants to ship both parts together like what they did with Turn-A Gundam a few years back.

Back