UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So Crunchyroll is selling an Anime Limited set in the US before Anime Limited in the UK... that's wild lol

Suppose with Embracer on its deathbed I wouldn't rule out Crunchyroll swooping in for a cheeky takeover.

So Crunchyroll is selling an Anime Limited set in the US before Anime Limited in the UK... that's wild lol

Suppose with Embracer on its deathbed I wouldn't rule out Crunchyroll swooping in for a cheeky takeover.
Crunchyroll also get cool colour variants of AL vinyl releases while we just get black. The UK is fast becoming an afterthought.

You know if that happens, there’ll be a lot let less anime disc releases in the UK. Crunchyroll won’t pick up the slack.
Definitely, I honestly don't think Crunchyroll care enough about the UK to actually aquire AL though 🤷‍♂️

I thought when CR + Funi + Manga + Madman got gobbled up by Sony the only logical way to survivability in the UK was a AL + MVM merger but then Embracer jumped in with their big swinging checkbook to save us all.....

I'm genuinely surprised with the monopoly Sony have on everything anime we do still have a fantastic independent label like MVM and I hope they stick around for a long long time!

Definitely, I honestly don't think Crunchyroll care enough about the UK to actually aquire AL though 🤷‍♂️

I thought when CR + Funi + Manga + Madman got gobbled up by Sony the only logical way to survivability in the UK was a AL + MVM merger but then Embracer jumped in with their big swinging checkbook to save us all.....

I'm genuinely surprised with the monopoly Sony have on everything anime we do still have a fantastic independent label like MVM and I hope they stick around for a long long time!
They might see it as a chance to elimate the competition.

No discs means no issues 😌
big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif

Second sale order dispatched with both parts of Future Boy Conan... can so see it being at a deeper discount come the 4K day anyday now but I felt I still got it for a good price so won't beat myself up to much for not waiting / forgetting about the 4K day if it becomes cheaper.

Back