Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

While I quite liked it when it simulcasted (although I was behind on a few occasions, due to work), I'll probably give it a re-watch before I even consider purchasing it (even when it's not on sale), but I'm currently in no rush at this precise moment.

Isnt it a bit suspicious that first Twin Star was one of the few titles in the CE party that were not on sale and now it is? even if it is not the CE for the mystery box.

What is Twin Star Exorcists anyway? Is it any good?
Well I enjoyed it. Heres what I wrote when I saw it:

Twin Star Exorcists 1-50 complete

Oh man this was great. Splitting the show into 4 main arcs I'd say parts 1 and 4 were excellent. Part 3 was great and part 2 was mostly terrible though it did have my favourite episode of the whole series in it.

My fav ep was the one with the Lion Man basara who wants to see beauty but doesnt even understand what beauty is. It was like mid noughties sci fi that would go weird but still be deep like Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Noein and the like. I think that's why I liked the series finale so much. The whole show went off the rails and the discussion over humanity being worthy or already so corrupted it cant be saved fed right into that.

Basically the show suffers from the Pierrot adaptation problem where it starts out like normal and then drives off a cliff for no reason.
Yea I took a look at their portfolio. I recognize Bleach, Ghost Stories and Naruto. I've seen the dub of Ghost stories and know the history of how the marvelous dub came to be.

Haven't seen the other two but had heard Bleach get's pretty bad. I always thought Naruto was a golden child for Shonen fans so I guess that might be their exception.

Isnt it a bit suspicious that first Twin Star was one of the few titles in the CE party that were not on sale and now it is? even if it is not the CE for the mystery box.
In a weird way I would classify the sets as a "Standard Blu-ray with Collector's Box/Booklet" like the re-releases of Persona 3 and Sword Art Online II. It could be among the Mystery Box but it would defeat the purpose of keeping it separate from the sale.

Someone on the Discord just pointed out that TSE is now in the £10-20 BOGOF section so you can get all 4 parts for £20, not sure if that's a mistake or what tbh as seems dumb to make a bundle at double the price lol.
Is it exactly the same contents though? £5 each is my level for blind buys so I'm tempted

Back