Anime Network UK need your help: want to join a street team?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The Anime Network (UK) need your help; they are looking for form a promotional army a.k.a. street team to help spread the word that anime is on UK TV:
<ul>"We're looking to come out strong with this thing, and are in the process of forming an advertising campaign, or what we call a "street team" in the UK. What this is is a group of people who will receive promotional posters, DVDs pamphlets, stickers, etc. to give away at conventions, anime shops, fan clubs and so forth in order to advertise our block of programming. For their services, the people who will be chosen for this will receive T shirts, DVDs, and other fun things that they can play around with."</ul>
<a href="http://www.theanimenetwork.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=34/"> Think you can help? Head on over to the Anime Network forums to sign up!</a>

I’m no marketing expert but it strikes me that this is cheap (which is fair enough) and likely ineffectual advertising. Surely most people frequenting anime conventions and shops such as Forbidden Planet will be well aware already though forums and magazines like neo, that ‘anime is on UK TV’.

But maybe this is just for fun and that a TV campaign will be their serious advertising technique.

harkins said:
I’m no marketing expert but it strikes me that this is cheap (which is fair enough) and likely ineffectual advertising. Surely most people frequenting anime conventions and shops such as Forbidden Planet will be well aware already though forums and magazines like neo, that ‘anime is on UK TV’.

But maybe this is just for fun and that a TV campaign will be their serious advertising technique.
You are making a big assumption that everybody who visits Forbidden Planet, reads manga, etc actually visits anime related websites or frequently uses the internet. The web maybe a great place for information but you have to actively seek that information in order to find it.

You cannot make assumptions based upon your own personal situation and the situation of those around you.

Dammit 2 years till I could do it and I would as well. Although I think some of my friends who are over 18 would do it. I should really tell them about it.

Gawyn said:
harkins said:

You are making a big assumption that everybody who visits Forbidden Planet, reads manga, etc actually visits anime related websites or frequently uses the internet. The web maybe a great place for information but you have to actively seek that information in order to find it.

You cannot make assumptions based upon your own personal situation and the situation of those around you.
Fair point. I suppose I was looking at it with blinkers on. To be honest, my enjoyment of anime & manga is something I do alone, except for the small amount of interaction that this site provides. So I have kind of formed the notion that everyone who's into anime and manga is as well informed as we generally are on here.

Back