Anime spin-off for Terminator franchise, think Animatrix

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Much like the <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/news/1566/new-us-anime-licenses;-manga-is-over-in-japan;-xmen-shojo">December announced</a> "Batman: Gotham Knight", US TV producers (obviously influenced by the success of the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Animatrix">Animatrix</a> collection) are <a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-08/terminator-anthology-in-development-for-2009-release">looking to acquire the services</a> of European and Japanese animators to produce a short-film anthology based on the Terminator franchise and it's January-2008-due TV series "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". The anthology will be titled "<em>Termination</em>" and is being vaguely slated for release at some point in 2009.

The first ep will probably start from where T3 ended to explain the story then skip forward so it starts just before the 4th film.

I'm kinda hoping it flash fowards a few years from where no.3 ends or else it'll just me him and his gf sat in the bunker for a few years

Argghhhhh, i for one refuse to believe anything after T2, terminator related doesn't exist!
Well looking forward to the Batman stuff though :)

The TV series is basically disowning T3, the story of which apparently happened in an "alternative universe" (obviously the place where crap movies go). The series is starting right after the end of T2 and no doubt, will be chock full of high school melodrama. I'm kinda surprised it's airing so soon, this is the first I've heard about the TV series and I just hope it isn't terrible because I love the first two Terminator movies (especially the first one), but T3 was a major disappointment, so I'm glad they are ignoring it.

Paul said:
The TV series is basically disowning T3, the story of which apparently happened in an "alternative universe" (obviously the place where crap movies go). The series is starting right after the end of T2 and no doubt, will be chock full of high school melodrama. I'm kinda surprised it's airing so soon, this is the first I've heard about the TV series and I just hope it isn't terrible because I love the first two Terminator movies (especially the first one), but T3 was a major disappointment, so I'm glad they are ignoring it.

Ah so that is how the manged to do a tv show, i was wondering how they were going to do it between T2 and T3 since nothing happens between the two movies. Terminator 3 was okay, about a 5/10 in my books, T2 i think was the best. As far as this animated anthology is concerned though i'll watch it, though i only enjoyed half the animatrix ones

Paul said:

I liked T3 but still thought it could've been so much better. I've seen the 1st ep of the new TV show and think it could be quite good, especially from what happened near the end of ep 1 where they use a time machine built in a bank vault by people travelling back from the future to travel from the 90's to 2007, best way to negate T3 ever happened 8). I don't see it having much high school melodrama, especially when the substitute teacher in ep 1 was a Terminator :lol: Thomas Dekker from Heroes s1 was good as the new John Connor.

I'm looking forward to the Terminator animated shorts, there's so many different stories they could tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
T2 was ok, I didn't think it was that great.

I'm sure TC was brought foward becuase of the on going writer strikes (I don't why but that doesn't bode well for the series :wink:).

A Batman and Terminator anime tie in can only help the industry. It's great to see a Batman anime short (Satoshi Kon is rumoured to be involved) can't wait.

Ramadahl said:
McIcy said:
me him and his gf sat in the bunker for a few years
o_O sounds 18-rated :p

Doh! why do I let the cat near the keyboard when I am typing, I blame him and in no way was this some kind of fruedian slip

J_C_X said:
T2 was ok, I didn't think it was that great.
A Batman and Terminator anime tie in can only help the industry. It's great to see a Batman anime short (Satoshi Kon is rumoured to be involved) can't wait.

Definately must see tv

I watched the Pilot episode of The Sarah Conner Chronicles and wasn't impressed. There wasn't much to it at all,obviously no Arnie to be entertained and amused by and all in all just seemed like a tidy way to milk some more money out of the franchise.

LukasROAR said:
Argghhhhh, i for one refuse to believe anything after T2, terminator related doesn't exist!

Exactly how I regard the X-men series. I wanted amnesia after the third installment. :x

Still, heres hoping this stuffs on par with the Animatrix. I heard that Production I.G. was involved in the making of the Batman stuff so I'm confident they'll put something good together.

hmmm sounds interesting hopefully they'll ignore Terminator 3

I have one reason for terminator 3 screwing up the storyline and its a quote:

"Judgement day is inevitable"

thats why they should forget about terminator 3 and re-write the storyline

I'd like to see all the major animation studios making an annual special animation, utilising all the new technologies of that year. That's be pretty damn awesome to see!

Bones, Satellite, Gonzo, Production I.G, Madhouse, Studio 4c, Toei
*dribble*

melonpan said:
I'd like to see all the major animation studios making an annual special animation, utilising all the new technologies of that year. That's be pretty damn awesome to see!

Bones, Satellite, Gonzo, Production I.G, Madhouse, Studio 4c, Toei
*dribble*
Definitely drooling over that combo Melonpan

Looking forward to both the Batman and Terminator series , I believe they can really pull something great off here. Animatrix was brilliant so I've got high expectations for these.

Back