Anime UK News Halloween specials

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
To celebrate Halloween in typically chilling fashion, we've added and changed a few things around on the site. For a start, our top banner is a Halloween special designed by Jim Tzu (Smoking Lemon), a talented graphic artist who joined our team in September. Jim has also produced two horror-themed wallpapers for your viewing pleasure, just click your resolution below to view his ghoulish offerings!<ul class="menu">Neo Plasma
[800*600]
[1024*768]
[1280*1024]

Pumpkinseed : Nightmate
[800*600]
[1024*768]
[1280*1024]
[1680*1050]</ul>As if that isn't enough for you, we have produced a blood soaked Halloween article, recommending some of the best horror anime the genre has to offer.

The Neo Plasma wallpaper is a real favourite for me, I'm using it right now :) Excellent stuff Jim.

I really like Halloween; can't beat good old fashioned horror :)

The new banner looks great on the site!

There's something about the classic horror films - I actually find psychological stuff more frightening but there's something about vampire or monster flicks that makes them eternally entertaining. I'll have to look into Blue Gender and Cyber City now...

The banner and wallpapers are excellent; I was just getting bored with my old desktop so I've changed it to Pumpkinseed (maybe I'll put Neo Plasma on my mum's computer for the best of both worlds ;) )

Concrete badger said:
I'll have to look into Blue Gender and Cyber City now...

Given that the Cyber City R1 DVD (the 'Final Collection' release) can be got for about a fiver, it's certainly worth looking into. Might pick up Devil Lady myself, whilst Miyu is on the rental list somewhere.

Quite interested in seeing Blue Gender now. I'm quite the fan of horror anime, and its a good time of year to take in more ;). The desktop wallpapers are fantastic and the Neo Plasma one will certainly be making its way into my desktop wallpaper rotation.

Any plans for an R2 boxset release of Blue Gender? It sounds interesting to me now. Although I'm not usually exceptionally violent or dark / depressing series. I'll have to look into it. But only if it's getting a cheaper release.

Good to see a few people are interested in Blue Gender. I saw it back in 2003 when it aired on the Sci-Fi channel and it was a fine series, very under-rated.

Just so you know, the UK release was one of MVMs earliest ventures and is dub-only.

Paul said:
Good to see a few people are interested in Blue Gender. I saw it back in 2003 when it aired on the Sci-Fi channel and it was a fine series, very under-rated.

Just so you know, the UK release was one of MVMs earliest ventures and is dub-only.

I too wouldn't mind giving Blue Gender a long overdue look, I've seen the movie -which is, in my humble opinion, an extremely underrated slice of contemporary horror science fiction and well worth checking out - so it'd be nice to see how the two stack up.

I do believe FUNi recently released a budget boxset stateside that retails for a rather wallet friendly £30 which isn't too too shabby.

a great article i recommend that all and thanks for recommending blue gender,cyber city oedo and the devilman ovas as they are really underated now (devilman wasnt back in the manga vid days but now its been forgotten).
i hope we get devilman/cyber city oedo and vampire princess ovas released over here on dvd in one of manga collection ranges.

my recommendation for horror anime are

boogiepop phantasm - confusing and freaky
perfect blue - look above
hellsing - a great series with a great lead.
wicked city - one of the manga vids classics in violence and horror
moster city - another manga vid classic thats good (called demon city shinjuku in the us)
doomed megalopolis - a strange 4 part manga vid series (look out for the us adv dvd release)
angel cop - really over the top violence with akira type psychic attacks.
biohunter - not bad worth renting or buying cheap

im sure theres alot ive missed but thats all i can think of now.
and yes cyber city oedo can (us) be found for under £5 so buy it now.

Back