Anyone into Guilty Gear

you mean that fighting game?...well i have seen it..i was thinking about having a go on it once in a while..bt haven't done so yet, i may do when i finally get the games i am working on finsihed

I wonder if any more GG fans have surfaced here since october?

I am a proud Venom player. Love messing with Millia too.

Loved the game when I had it (scratched disc ruined it) the free flowing fighting combos and the 2d graphics were great.

Hmmm I'm off to ebay to buy a copy 2nd hand bye

I'm a Guilty Gear fan, I mainly use Slayer, Bridget and Millia. <3 the music references in the game. I wish they'd make Guilty Gear XXX instead of doing XX "improvements"

I like me a bit of GG action, it provides a nice, stupidly frantic break from me usual SFA3. Music's excellent, the visuals great, and the gameplay surprisingly deep. Ky's my main as he's a good all-rounder, Sol's backup for when rushdown is needed, and find Bridget good fun to use, too. The mindgames you can have with his yo-yos are just too good :)

While I kind of wish they'd hurry up and do a GGXXX or whatever, we've still got the Fist of the North Star game to look forward to. I just hope they'd have made an anime adaptation like the extra movie on on the X2 discs, but apparently theat's never going to happen, because it's still too niche to make any money. Ah well.

Guys Sharp Reload, Slash and Accent Core have added immensly to the game series, perfectly balancing the characters out and making them more suitable and such.

Nevermind the additional characters.

Dani said:
Guys Sharp Reload, Slash and Accent Core have added immensly to the game series, perfectly balancing the characters out and making them more suitable and such.

Nevermind the additional characters.

Accent Core has only been in Japanese arcades for less than two weeks. It's still too early to tell whether or not it's more balanced or what have you. There'll probably be a PS2 port some time next year, provided it does well enough, by which point all the Japanese players will have broken it down and found new ways to appear godlike to us mere mortals.

I'm still hoping for at least one more version to make it over here, but I really can't see that happening now. A shame, too, I would rather like to try Order Sol...

It did get a PAL release, but it's not great. Because of the system it uses, where you can have four characters on screen at once, and on different planes, you need a button to jump and a button to turn around. This breaks up the flow of the game considerably, and it just feels horribly disjointed. It worked well in Guardian Heroes, but as a Guilty Gear game, it's just not good enough.

Order Sol and ABA are available in Slash, which provides a chance to use booth in a standard GG 2on2 style.

Accent Core was released on the 20th in Japanese arcades and many people have recorded videos and written their thoughts and analysis on the changes - you can find the lists of changes for each character, pros and cons, on the web easily.

So AC does keep up with the changes and refreshing and tweaking that Sharp Reland and Slash offer.

Guilty Gear Isuka is outside of the updates cycle but features changes in gameplay mechanics similar to Sharp Reload, with the horrible change view button and duel gameplay level mechanic.

Is Isuka worth purchasing or should I miss it? Since I liked the idea of a four-way fight, but if it is difficult to control I won't bother with it and has Slash got a PAL release?

Isuka, I don't think is worth it, unless you really want a confusing match-up (and they also removed the Instant Kills).

Slash hasn't and won't be released in the states, so no chance of it coming here (unless 505 Street Games are feeling drunk).

I'd reccomend you import or otherwise obtain a copy of Slash.

Just got guilty gear xx for £4 on ebay I'm smiling just have to wait for it to arrive...... you people are costing me a fortune this week everytime I log in theres a new suggestion or bargain for me to pick up on

Back