Apple release 4GB iPod Shuffle which talks.

No buttons eh? I predict their next Shuffle will have no user interactivity at all: It'll just be a very small box which doesn't do anything, retailing at around £100.

Apple said:
Say you’re listening to a song and want to know the title or the artist. With the press of a button, VoiceOver tells you as the music dips down.
Because some people don't know what the music they own sounds like.

They should make one that can sing along to your tracks in different karaoke styles. "Drunken Middle-aged Woman" "Egotistical Chav" etc. I have to admire the portability of shuffles (these new ones and the previous generation) but wouldn't have one because of my awful memory for lists and massive music collection. I like a visible menu, as I suspect most people do.

I was always against the shuffles until someone gave me one as a present. No replacement for my meaty iPod (and now iPhone...) but the randomness wasn't at all annoying so long as I fed it from a well chosen playlist and it was so small and convenient that it was perfect for traveling light.

Maybe someone will give me a new one as a present one day too and I'll fall in love all over again.

R

ayase said:
Apple said:
Say you’re listening to a song and want to know the title or the artist. With the press of a button, VoiceOver tells you as the music dips down.
Because some people don't know what the music they own sounds like.

They should make one that can sing along to your tracks in different karaoke styles. "Drunken Middle-aged Woman" "Egotistical Chav" etc. I have to admire the portability of shuffles (these new ones and the previous generation) but wouldn't have one because of my awful memory for lists and massive music collection. I like a visible menu, as I suspect most people do.

I'd buy that; wouldn't you?

Hearing my favorite songs sang in different styles.

Anyway; My rule is "Apple Generally Suck" so I use a Sony Walkman anyway 8)

Sucks though cause of my ear problems I'm no longer allowed to use headphones so- all these things are pointless. =/

Ipod touch...the first and only Ipod i saw was worth buying.
(i gave it up for lent....it now lives in my work bag calling out to me to save it....to atleast charge it.....but i can't...)

I understand what this is about....your sat there listening to your music....a guy gets asked what song he's listening to by the guy sat 3 seats away because even he can hear it pounding away.....the ipod holder's brain has become mush from such a pounding that he doesn't know the answer.....the ipod can then use a simple voice over to tell him the answer.

unless your being asked about what song your listening to and you've recently updated a bunch of random songs you can't rememeber or you've stolen the ipod off a blind man....then this piece of kit is pointless ¬_¬

Tachi- said:
Ipod touch...the first and only Ipod i saw was worth buying.
(i gave it up for lent....it now lives in my work bag calling out to me to save it....to atleast charge it.....but i can't...)
I see the iPod Touch as yet another waste of money.

The only good iPods were the first gen iPods and iPod Minis.

Back