Appleseed 2; Buso Renkin anime; Genshiken 2 cancelled

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
With a lot of anime news coming in from Japan over the last few days, we've quickly summarised the biggest stories below.
<ul>
<li>Nobuhiro Watsuki's (author of the popular Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X manga) latest manga series Buso Renkin (a.k.a Armoured Alchemist) is set to be adapted into an anime TV series; with the Japanese TV premiere set for this autumn.
</li>
<li>The second Appleseed CG movie is still moving ahead as planned and should be released in Japan during 2007, the <a href="http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/05/19/103,1148028390,53522,0,0.html">first promotional image</a> has recently appeared online. Appleseed 2 will again be directed by Shinji Aramaki and acclaimed Hong Kong action director John Woo (The Killer, Hard Boiled, Hard Target) is on board as a producer.
</li>
<li>The previously announced second season of fan favourite otaku comedy TV series Genshiken appears to have been shelved in favour of a new Kujibiki Unbalance anime series. Ironically, Kujibiki Unbalance is an anime series spawned as a parody within Genshiken.</li>
</ul>

I hope the CGI in Appleseed 2 won't be as ugly as it was in the first one. I have a friend who will force me watch it with him and I just want it to be a bearable experience.

I really enjoyed the first Appleseed film but hopefully they'll get the motion-capture of the characters a bit more realistic this time around. Otherwise more Appleseed==a good thing.

Awww, the first time I saw the post all my optimistic eyes saw was Genshiken 2, response a loud wohooo only afterwards did I see the cancelled, much louder noooooooooooooooooooooo.

More Appleseed is always a good thing, I'm still hoping the game of the last one comes out over here.

I just wish they'd return to original anime style of the first OVA. The CG thing is a mild curio for a while, but it should stay as a one-off. A new Appleseed with big-budget, high quality, anime visuals would be more mouth-watering than the CG thing.

What FatCat said.

I hope that CG style doesnt start taking over traditional animation. It would be a crime against anime.

Remember that My Neighbours the Yamadas was 100% digital so more CGI doesn't necessarily mean the visual style they adopted for the last Appleseed movie.

Stupid Kujibiki....

Genshiken 2 being cancelled makes me a very sad man. =(

On the other hand, at least if they're gonna do Kujibiki Unbalance they'd best do it properly. It better be the best anime ever to warrant no more Genshiken! *shakes fist*. Least I can still read the manga.

All is not lost Genshiken fans, behold from ANS:

5-26-06 (4:04PM EDT)---- Further Genshiken Animation Likely
Despite widespread reports to the contrary, ANS is hearing that a sequel or further animation to the Genshiken TV series is still likely. The official website www.genshiken.info has renewed after a longtime this week. Many Japanese observers point to 2 things there that could suggest a sequel. Number 1: the new "Copyright 2006" mark on the site. 2: The splash screen happens to be the last scene of the TV series, showing a new member entering the club's room. A new TV or OVA adaptation is being predicted. It was first hinted in a compilation of Comiket 69 news that Media Factory had announced a second season of Genshiken TV to broadcast in October, 2006. Doubt was cast on a possible sequel this week when news surfaced that a Kujibiki Unbalance TV series was due to debut in the fall of 2006 and perhaps the true work Media Factory had alluded to at Comike. Kujibiki Unbalance is an anime within the Genshiken anime.

Second Appleseed film? I'm wobbly at the knees...

Apologies to the purists, but as much as I like anime I don't possess die-hard passion.

As a matter of fact, the only die hard passion I have for anything is probably this girl I like who won't date me and I get jealous when she's with someone else and for someone ike me who's in my mid-twenties I'm acting like an adolescent...

Not good...

Hovis! said:
Second Appleseed film? I'm wobbly at the knees...

Apologies to the purists, but as much as I like anime I don't possess die-hard passion.

As a matter of fact, the only die hard passion I have for anything is probably this girl I like who won't date me and I get jealous when she's with someone else and for someone ike me who's in my mid-twenties I'm acting like an adolescent...

Not good...
Appleseed 2 should be interesting given (reported) John Woo's involvement in it if for nothing else. Apparently he was very implressed with the first one.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Genshiken is one of my all time favourite animes. I can't believe they are shelving it DAMN IT, so let down now

Back