Anyone one know when The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy is going to be streaming in the UK as according to HIDIVE's website it is not streaming in the UK yet
this is what it is saying

UNITED KINGDOM - YOUR REGION IS NOT SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME – PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER. THANK YOU!
Wonder if some other service has licensed it in the UK, but we haven't got a big announcement about it. Like they're holding it until they can release all episodes together with dubs.

In a surprise twist it seems Power of Hope ~Precure Full Bloom~ is streaming in the UK on Crunchyroll. This makes it the first Precure to get a European simulcast release on Crunchyroll. Toei Europe works in mysterious ways.

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess also isn’t currently available in the UK. Fortunately this season is so stacked and this was a show I was more curious about than looking forward to, but it’s still frustrating that there are now 2 HIDIVE shows not available here. Hope this isn’t a new trend for HIDIVE. They’ve always been bad about saying what countries get what when they license things, but it used to be only older TV shows, OVAs and movies that weren’t licensed for the UK. (Still waiting on the Revue Starlight movie, which I assume MVM passed on due to low sales or something.)

Have they ever had TV simulcasts not available in the UK before like this? I’d say to ask them what’s going on, but they never reply to fans about international licensing, at least on Twitter. TBH, that annoys me more than that they don’t license things here. They hype things up on their site that we can’t get and don’t even tell us whether we’re going to get them or not until they either appear or don’t appear.

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess also isn’t currently available in the UK. Fortunately this season is so stacked and this was a show I was more curious about than looking forward to, but it’s still frustrating that there are now 2 HIDIVE shows not available here. Hope this isn’t a new trend for HIDIVE. They’ve always been bad about saying what countries get what when they license things, but it used to be only older TV shows, OVAs and movies that weren’t licensed for the UK. (Still waiting on the Revue Starlight movie, which I assume MVM passed on due to low sales or something.)

Have they ever had TV simulcasts not available in the UK before like this? I’d say to ask them what’s going on, but they never reply to fans about international licensing, at least on Twitter. TBH, that annoys me more than that they don’t license things here. They hype things up on their site that we can’t get and don’t even tell us whether we’re going to get them or not until they either appear or don’t appear.

It's showing for me, so maybe was just a blip when it first went up?

Still disappointed about the other one tho >_>

It's showing for me, so maybe was just a blip when it first went up?

Still disappointed about the other one tho >_>
Can you actually watch the episode? It looks like the episode is there, but if you go through and try to watch it, it says it’s not available in the UK. It’s also not showing in the schedule for me (which is why I suspect it wasn’t going to be available) and it’s not searchable on the site, though you can get to the series page via Google obviously.

Can you actually watch the episode? It looks like the episode is there, but if you go through and try to watch it, it says it’s not available in the UK. It’s also not showing in the schedule for me (which is why I suspect it wasn’t going to be available) and it’s not searchable on the site, though you can get to the series page via Google obviously.
Originally it let me through to the episode (although I never hit play to see if it would let me watch it after that), but doesn’t now so I guess that was a blip on their end.

I’d say to ask them what’s going on, but they never reply to fans about international licensing, at least on Twitter. TBH, that annoys me more than that they don’t license things here. They hype things up on their site that we can’t get and don’t even tell us whether we’re going to get them or not until they either appear or don’t appear.
You could always email them. They've been pretty helpful when I asked about international streaming

You could always email them. They've been pretty helpful when I asked about international streaming
That’s actually good to hear they do have a channel they communicate about it. They aren’t good about it at all on social media, and they are really bad about posting news articles and promoting shows they aren’t showing over here on their site. I get they can’t license everything for every region they cover, but they really could be better at communication.

I've sent them a Tweet, they do sometimes reply to those. Although I guess the lack of UK licensing may be cost cutting measures and they figure there's probably so few paying members outside of the US that it isn't worth licensing other than the most popular ones for other regions.

I suppose it may be worth looking into a VPN to get full access to the site's content. Looking around one of the cheapest options appears to be Nord at £2.49 per month for basic package. Although I am concerned as I recall Crunchyroll banning some users not so long ago who were using VPN, but then again if the vast majority of new content on Hidive is going to be geoblocked there is little reason to keep accessing the site.

It's not available here in Finland either, so it's definitely more than just the UK. I wasn't interested in this anime anyway, but it's always a shame when things like this happen. Especially since Hidive no longer mentions the territories they've acquired a show for in their announcements. At least Crunchyroll, for all its flaws, is generally open about that.

A quick look through the shows and I've picked out 15. So many isekai and generic sounding fantasy/sci-fi shows made it quite easy to keep the count low.

8 new and 7 returning (although 3 have other things I need to catch up with first before starting the current season. Marked with an *). Plus there are 2 continuing from Summer.

Speaking of which I still haven't actually finished most of my Summer shows yet!

New
100 Girlfriends
Apothecary Diaries
Frieren
I'm In Love with the Villainess
Stardust Telepath
Undead Unluck
UNDER NINJA
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess

Returning
After School Hanako-kun
Ancient Magus' Bride s2 p2
Dr. Stone: New World p2
Goblin Slayer II *
SPY X FAMILY s2
Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku Arc *
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby s3 *

Continuing
Dark Gathering
Jujutsu Kaisen s2

I'm watching between 5-7 series this season but so far the standout for me has been Frieren-Beyond Journey's End, I watched Power Of Hope-Precure Full Bloom last night and liked it.

As the seemingly now final entry of the series, FLCL: Shoegaze (dub) has been added to Channel 4's on demand service. All 3 episodes have been added.

I've just discovered that the BBC is now streaming Pokemon: XY. The film "Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction" is debuting on CBBC on 17th November at 17.45. It also means that the BBC are now streaming generations IV-VII of the Pokemon anime.

It appears that Hidive is giving up on most of the world, but they may also be licensing their content to 3rd party streaming services for international streaming.
Going forward, we will endeavor to make our content available to you via local platforms when possible.

A user emailed them to clarify and they stated that they will continue to service: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom and Australia. Although I haven't seen that confirmation from Hidive themselves.

It appears that Hidive is giving up on most of the world, but they may also be licensing their content to 3rd party streaming services for international streaming.

A user emailed them to clarify and they stated that they will continue to service: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom and Australia. Although I haven't seen that confirmation from Hidive themselves.
That's depressing, even if they're not dropping the UK yet. HiDive doesn't offer much competition to Crunchyroll, but some is better than nothing.

Back