A bit of a weird thing for them to announce without clarifying which regions are being cut off. If I hadn't already cancelled my subscription in a grump when they forgot about us at the start of the season I would cancel it now just to ensure I didn't pay for a renewal right before having the service snatched away.

I hate fake 'competition' in the streaming market where I have to manage a dozen different subscriptions for mostly-crummy offerings (e.g. HI-DIVE this season, where they decided not to stream their new shows to us for a while and only licensed weak content anyway). Their apps are atrocious too but I have to use them because of this false 'competition' making things better for customers by locking things to exclusive services. I much prefer the way Crunchyroll is putting their content on other services like Prime Video; I don't like Prime either but having a choice of platforms for the same anime is much better for a consumer.

R

My concern is if Sony (Crunchyroll) becomes the only licensee of anime then we are reliant on they chose to license, many shows that are getting picked by Sentai/Hidive may not get licensed at all.

With Hidive crippled due to a lack of proper funding from AMC, Crunchyroll could easily outbid them for any license. If CR wanted it they could have licensed anything Hidive is currently airing, therefore it's possible that if Hidive didn't license stuff like Immoral Guild, Dark Gathering, The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess, Helk, etc they may not be available via streaming or physical release at all.

It's now available but only 1 episode is live. English & Japanese audio with English CC subtitles (probably dubtitles).

I also noticed the listing has HDR10.
Seems it will be up week on week with the English dub then. AFAIK TMS are handling the dub themselves which has caused the long delay with it. Still ridiculous that the US get it day and date while it isn't available internationally until it's dubbed.

It's now available but only 1 episode is live. English & Japanese audio with English CC subtitles (probably dubtitles).

I also noticed the listing has HDR10.

It’s not only dubtitles from what I watched (took a bit for me to remember how to switch it to Japanese on the Roku and what i watched matched up with the dub), but it’s also closed captions. So lots of [churchbells ringing in the distance] and [music in Japanese playing].

Back