Avengers 2 officially titled "Avengers: Age of Ultron"

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
At San Diego Comic Con, Joss Whedon closed the Marvel panel by announcing the full title of 2015's Avenger's sequel: Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Currently, the film is currently set to feature Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (as previously confirmed) and of course now, Ultron. Vin Diesel has recently been in talks with Marvel, with lots of hints pointing to him playing The Vision.

This has now sparked my interest in the next Avengers film to be honest. Considering this film is being released months before Ant-Man, I'm curious as to how the MCU will handle Ultron. Rumours have indicated that Edgar Wright (director of Ant-Man) was seen on the set for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. As we know that Ant-Man will begin in the '60s with Hank Pym, then go to the present with Scott Lang, could we see something like this:

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Features post-credits scene setting up the creation of Ultron.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron features Ultron as the villain, with Scott Lang and The Vision making an appearance. Vision is originally a henchman of Ultron, before turning against him because of Scarlet Witch's boobs.
- Ant-Man focuses more on Hank Pym and the creation of Ultron, before moving to Scott Lang post-Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Maybe?

EDIT: Whedon has confirmed that this Ultron's origin will not include Pym. I'm guessing then, that Tony Stark's remotely controlled suits in Iron Man 3 could have been a hint at things to come. A friend suggested that maybe Jarvis corrupts, hijacks a suit and becomes Ultron?

LukasROAR said:
With Ultron set to be the main villain of Avengers 2, where does this put Thanos?
Avengers 3. Kevin Feige has said in the past that Thanos is being saved as the big bad.

Joshawott said:
LukasROAR said:
With Ultron set to be the main villain of Avengers 2, where does this put Thanos?
Avengers 3. Kevin Feige has said in the past that Thanos is being saved as the big bad.

Ahhhhh now it makes sense, cheers bro.

I'd heard he's set to cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy too.

Back