Azimanga Daioh! Your views.

Great, funny series. I have the first 2 DVDs and I like it a lot. Don't agree with people saying the dub is good, though. And why oh why when someone in an anime is from Okinawa or away from the big cities, when it gets dubbed, the person always has a Texas/Tennessee country drawl? :/

Oops , didnt mention it in my original post , but this certainly is another dub I love. To begin with I didnt , but its really grown on me and quickly become one of my favourites.

the real reason i decided to get this, was after watching the trailer of it on the net, and i just started cracking up just from the trailer, so i knew i just had to get them.... fast,
and now i have (all r1 version, including the artbox....)

Sometimes trailers just scream 'buy' to you. Fruits Basket did that to me, i just had the best feeling about that series.
I enjoyed the trailer for Azumanga Diaoh too, i really liked the song, i couldn't get the tune out my head for ages after. I also saw a moving avatar someone had which really cracked me up, it was of Osaka kicking off her shoe and it landing on a speeding truck

The first Azumanga Daioh trailer I saw was the US one, which is a little different to the UK one (it starts with a redubbed version of the first scene when Ms Yukari goes into the wrong homeroom, except this time, the student says "this is supposed to be the Azumanga Daioh trailer". Although I wasn't too sure about the animation style at first glance, I knew it was going to end up being one of those series I would have to check out.

Charter_Mage said:
Sometimes trailers just scream 'buy' to you. Fruits Basket did that to me, i just had the best feeling about that series.
I enjoyed the trailer for Azumanga Diaoh too, i really liked the song, i couldn't get the tune out my head for ages after. I also saw a moving avatar someone had which really cracked me up, it was of Osaka kicking off her shoe and it landing on a speeding truck

I have that little animation somewhere , its one of the most amusing parts of the show.

The opening song "Soramimi Cake" , is one of the silliest little tunes ive heard , its really catchy . The ending theme makes me laugh aswell though.

Red XIII said:
The first Azumanga Daioh trailer I saw was the US one, which is a little different to the UK one (it starts with a redubbed version of the first scene when Ms Yukari goes into the wrong homeroom, except this time, the student says "this is supposed to be the Azumanga Daioh trailer". Although I wasn't too sure about the animation style at first glance, I knew it was going to end up being one of those series I would have to check out.

yup thats the same trailer i saw....

Back