Back again so thought I’d say hi

AgeOfBoredom

Dandy Guy, in Space
Back after a few years. Mostly watching things I’ve missed or “classics” from my youth as well as some new bits.

Recently I’ve been enjoying:
• Initial D
• Tokyo Revengers
• Star Blazers / Space Battleship Yamato
• Various Gundam series
• Demon City Shinjuku

Looking forward to watching soon:
• Escaflowne
• Irresponsible Captain Tylor
• Legand of Arslan
• Guyver (was my first anime I saw way back when)

Also: I have a 4 year old, so looking for any recommendations that’s easily streamable that’s suitable for her (would def need a dub obviously). We’ve watched and she has enjoyed all of the age appropriate Ghibli stuff.

Welcome back! Those are some cool old school anime:). The old Arslan was really nice (am watching the new one right now and will go and rewatch the old one next, for comparison). Welcome back!

Chi's sweet home came to mind for your kid. Its really cute. But I'm not sure if it has a dub... Lu over the wall, Summer days with Coo and Mirai also might be fun.

Chi's sweet home came to mind for your kid. Its really cute. But I'm not sure if it has a dub... Lu over the wall, Summer days with Coo and Mirai also might be fun.
I’ll check out this titles and see what the dub situation is, thanks. I almost grabbed Flying Witch today but then realised it was sub only (while I love the manga, I really wanted to watch it with my little one, so will prob wait for a sale now).

I’ll check out this titles and see what the dub situation is, thanks. I almost grabbed Flying Witch today but then realised it was sub only (while I love the manga, I really wanted to watch it with my little one, so will prob wait for a sale now).

Welcome to the forums!! :)

Flying Witch is dubbed at least the UK CE release which I own is English dubbed and subbed, don't know about streaming but I watched it dubbed when I watched the UK CE Blu-ray release :)

Also IDK if they are easy to stream but might I suggest Angelic Layer and Moomin (1990), I love both shows and the dubs for both are good IMO :)

Flying Witch is dubbed at least the UK CE release which I own is English dubbed and subbed, don't know about streaming but I watched it dubbed when I watched the UK CE Blu-ray release :)
Oh I just assumed because on Crunchyroll it just had subs as an option, that it didn’t have a dub. I just checked the MVM site and both the regular and CE both have English and Japanese listed (makes sense 🤣). Thanks for the heads up, I’m going to order a copy on Amazon now.

Also Moomins as in the Nordic white things? I used to love them when I was little. I’ll keep an eye out for a stream of both those shows.

Oh I just assumed because on Crunchyroll it just had subs as an option, that it didn’t have a dub. I just checked the MVM site and both the regular and CE both have English and Japanese listed (makes sense 🤣). Thanks for the heads up, I’m going to order a copy on Amazon now.

Also Moomins as in the Nordic white things? I used to love them when I was little. I’ll keep an eye out for a stream of both those shows.

Fab, glad I could help, and yes those Moomins, the 1990 Moomin TV anime has an excellent (I believe Canadian-produced) dub that is quite well known and the entire 78 episodes have been dubbed :)

Fab, glad I could help, and yes those Moomins, the 1990 Moomin TV anime has an excellent (I believe Canadian-produced) dub that is quite well known and the entire 78 episodes have been dubbed :)
There’s only a bloody official YouTube channel with all the episodes! Although there is a weird echo on the audio on the first episode (only one I checked). Still, legal and free. No complaints.

Hello!

Have you heard of Panda Z? You can find most of it on YouTube. I watched it with my 5 year old (at the time) niece. There's no spoken words in it, but there are occasional intertitles. Lol I just discovered that word thanks to the internet - you know when a silent movie has a card appear on the screen with some written text in place of spoken dialogue? They're in Japanese with English subtitles on YouTube, which of course I read out loud to my niece. She really enjoyed it.

It's very slow, in a nice way, so it's easy for young ones to follow what's going on. Maybe it will appeal?

Oh! And also, this isn't anime, but it's Japan-adjacent - when my niece was around 4, she looooved the Yoshi's Wooly World stop-motion shorts that Nintendo put out.

Sadly you only have the choice of HD with ads for the game, or lower-res without ads for the game. See what you think:

(I say this isn't anime, but of course if this was made in Japan then I'm opening up a whole can of philosophical worms by saying that!)

Also: I have a 4 year old, so looking for any recommendations that’s easily streamable that’s suitable for her (would def need a dub obviously). We’ve watched and she has enjoyed all of the age appropriate Ghibli stuff.
It's probably not streamable, but I can definitely recommend the DVD of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar for young viewers (and old sentimental fools like me).

Back