Beginners’ Guide to Tenchi Muyo!

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Influenced by Andy Glass' Ultimate Guide to Gundam, Jo Sarsam has produced a fine beginners' introduction to the confusing world of Tenchi Muyo!; a popular sci-fi franchise that spanned decades and produced an ever increasing number anime series, spin-offs and novels.<ul class="menu2">"Masaki Kajashima’s original concept sounds deceptively simple- take one teenage boy living a quiet life in the mountains of Okayama, Japan, and subject him to a series of events that see him end up living with a group of powerful girls from outer space, some of whom seem ready to stop at nothing to become his girlfriend. It sounds like a familiar setup (with regards to anime, anyway), and yet somehow Tenchi has grown into a franchise whose complexities can leave even the most dedicated fans nursing a headache. This article, while by no means meant to be an exhaustive encyclopaedia of all things Tenchi, will hopefully ensure that everyone can tell their GXPs from their Pretty Sammies."</ul>Read the full article.

Just to point out something

DVD: available to import as part of the combined Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special DVD (see above). A UK release is unlikely.

Wasn't this the special thats comming out with the MVM OAV box set?

Ryo Chan said:
Just to point out something

DVD: available to import as part of the combined Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special DVD (see above). A UK release is unlikely.

Wasn't this the special thats comming out with the MVM OAV box set?

As I understood it, the MVM boxset only has the Mihoshi Special with it, not the Pretty Sammy OVA, which is what I was referring to in that sentence.

i didint know they started to dub the new ova i need to keep up with my tenchi news, i wish i n#knew that they were doing a boxset with the mihoshi specail then i could have waited and not got the series but i will probably get it and sell the set i have to my friend :lol:

As I understood it, the MVM boxset only has the Mihoshi Special with it, not the Pretty Sammy OVA, which is what I was referring to in that sentence.

ah i see, i was under the impression it was the dvd

i didint know they started to dub the new ova i need to keep up with my tenchi news,

DVD 1 is already out in the US DVD 2 expected october

Back