Best Dub?

Sy said:
Outlawstar said:
If Im not mistaken she also plays Aisha-clan-clan in Outlawstar.
She suits that because Aisha is meant to be annoying.

I take it yo;u prefer the japanese one.
I find whichever dub you start with is ultimatly the one you will prefer for obvious reasons, with a few exceptions.
I started with the Dub.

Outlawstar said:
I find whichever dub you start with is ultimatly the one you will prefer for obvious reasons, with a few exceptions.
I haven't found that. I saw both Excel Saga and Evangelion dubbed first but hated them. However I enjoy them a lot in the original language. I saw Cowboy Bebop subtitled first but I largely prefer the dub.

I like Outlaw Stars dub but Aisha is annoying in both languages.

Sy said:
Outlawstar said:
I haven't found that. I saw both Excel Saga and Evangelion dubbed first but hated them. However I enjoy them a lot in the original language. I saw Cowboy Bebop subtitled first but I largely prefer the dub.

Ok, just me then :lol:
And yeah Aisha got very annoying.

I disagree that the version you watch first is the one you'll ultimately prefer. I watched the first 4 eps of Evangelion in Japanese first of all, but I think the dub is by far and away superior. Same goes for FMA - watched the first disc in Japanese originally, but I definately prefer the dub.

Outlawstar said:
CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Misato English voice is 10 times better than it is in Japanese.
Even if I am the almighty defender of dubs, I gotta disagree.

Nah, Misato in English has much, much more character than Misato in Japanese! I'm willing to debate wether or not the rest of Eva is better in English, but Alison Keith being better than Kotono Mitsuishi as Misato is just a FACT! ^_^

Yep I agree that Allison Keith is far and away the better of the two.
If Im not mistaken she also plays Aisha-clan-clan in Outlawstar.

At last - someone that makes sense! :p

Sy said:
The seiyuu for Asuka did Aisha too! =O

And this I agree/disagree could go on forever, it's down to preference, really.

Oh, and the only nit picks I have with the FMA dub is Vic Mignogna taking his role to heart too much, I mean... God, stop attracting to weaboos to you. =/

Nah, I think Vic Mignona's performance as Ed was fantastic. In fact, it was so strong, that whenever I hear Vic's voice in other anime (like Fullmetal Panic!) I find it very, very hard to think of anything other than Ed from FMA!

Back