Best place to buy anime posters

If you have a high-res image (3000x3000 or higher would produce the best results), then you can send it to many of the photo sites out there who do poster prints. I usually use MyPix and TescoPhoto for my prints. Its just the case of looking around for the best prices though i would recommend MyPix as they print gloosy posters.

The Saber image on the right was done at MyPix and the Koihime Musou left to it was done at TescoPhoto (30x20 size)

CloudedMinds said:
If you have a high-res image (3000x3000 or higher would produce the best results), then you can send it to many of the photo sites out there who do poster prints. I usually use MyPix and TescoPhoto for my prints. Its just the case of looking around for the best prices though i would recommend MyPix as they print gloosy posters.

The Saber image on the right was done at MyPix and the Koihime Musou left to it was done at TescoPhoto (30x20 size)

that seems like an more logical way to do it since ebay doesnt have what im after.

CloudedMinds said:

The prices just to be seem just too high for what you are getting.

Looking on mypix for example you currently can get 2x 76x125cm for £29.90(+P&P) which seem a lot just for some extra large gloss paper with ink on top.

It's nice to know the companies have no problem print anime designs. It's still a nice idea but simply too much money for what you are getting I feel.

£10 atm for two 20"x30" (somewhere between A1/A2 size) posters is more than fair. The roughly A3 size ones are £5.90 for two.

Do you have any idea how big 30"x50" actually is? Go measure it out on your wall and tell me if you can get any anime posters that size for less than £15.

the £29.70 (29.9x49.2) one is much larger than the Saber poster i linked to earlier. The poster to the left of Saber (Koihime Musou) is a 30x20 whilst the Saber one is a 29.9x40.2

If you like, i could upload a picture tomorrow which would show the difference in size between the largest one i've got and a A4 piece of paper ;)

ilmaestro said:
£10 atm for two 20"x30" (somewhere between A1/A2 size) posters is more than fair. The roughly A3 size ones are £5.90 for two.

Do you have any idea how big 30"x50" actually is? Go measure it out on your wall and tell me if you can get any anime posters that size for less than £15.

Sheesh :roll:

You forgetting to add P&P costs by the looks of it on price calculator is minumum of £2.90. That was on the smallest item so a larger item like poster would cost more.

The prices quoted are a special offer price and will soon to revert back to price double the current price.

Poster you buy elsewhere are they not just printed image files but actual official posters so their would be a lot more cost involved.

If you buy on official poster money is actual going back to the anime industry and not to this unrelated company, which essentially is creating a bootleg product and they are profiting massively from it.

I don't think a couple piece of gloss paper with ink on it is worth £29.90(+P&P) when they are not official products. Could buy 7 maybe 8 Manga volumes for that price with money going back to the industry.

Oh, I would not debate the legitimacy of the products (although morally I have no massive problem with getting a company to print me a high quality larger version of an image I already have bought "officially", if there is no other way to get that done). Certainly you could direct your money in a more beneficial way for the industry, but that's not really what I was arguing. What I was arguing, was this:

Neferpitou said:
I don't think a couple piece of gloss paper with ink on it is worth £29.90(+P&P)
When you say "a couple of pieces of [30"x50"] gloss paper with ink on it" do you actually have any idea of what that means?

ilmaestro said:
Oh, I would not debate the legitimacy of the products (although morally I have no massive problem with getting a company to print me a high quality larger version of an image I already have bought "officially", if there is no other way to get that done). Certainly you could direct your money in a more beneficial way for the industry, but that's not really what I was arguing. What I was arguing, was this:

Neferpitou said:
I don't think a couple piece of gloss paper with ink on it is worth £29.90(+P&P)
When you say "a couple of pieces of [30"x50"] gloss paper with ink on it" do you actually have any idea of what that means?

They buy gloss paper and ink in such massive bulk amounts, its not going to cost them anywhere near £29.90 to print 2 poster out. If you can't grasp that, that's your problem.

I think I rather save the money and just buy my own A4 gloss paper and print my own instead. Heck if you want you can even buy A3 gloss paper & printer if you desperate for a lot of bigger posters.

You are not paying them for what they're doing, you're paying them for what you can't do yourself. If you are in the situation where you think you can print your own posters at an acceptable level of quality, then I agree by all means go that route.

There is no way on this Earth I would ever be able to produce an acceptable looking poster at the sort of sizes we're talking about though, so the price you put on that service is not simply limited by the cost of the paper, in the same way that the price you are willing to pay for a meal is not simply limited by the cost of the ingredients.

Good luck with your not paying for anything that people make much profit on strategy, though, hope you don't use any food or drink that you haven't grown yourself.

Theirs a difference from paying a fair price for a service than paying over the top price for one. Which to me with these companies like Mypix they are way overcharging for a poster creation service. With how cheap the paper, ink and with a computer/printer doing all the work you not get much of service for the money you are spending.

If you think its such a good deal to spend that much money on creating essentially a fake and illegal product, then fine suit yourself.

I amazed you consider this such a good deal when you considered those Barbican ticket were too expensive. They were only priced slightly above mainstream films and would be in lot case you only chance to watch them on big screen.

Err, go back and read the thread, I said those tickets were perfectly fairly priced.

As for "creating essentially a fake and illegal product", I actually thought about that more and don't necessarily agree, but I can also see how you could make that call.

ilmaestro said:
Err, go back and read the thread, I said those tickets were perfectly fairly priced.

Let me remind you:

ilmaestro said:
Just for a random film at a random cinema? It's not so much that it's outright too much on its own (I will also happily "overpay" for something if I personally think it's worth it), it's just that you have to be able to see the argument for why it's not exactly "value" or you've lost all sense of the real world (and, tbh, the average price of a cinema ticket).

Also chaos responsed with the following, which I also consider is why they are fairly priced:

chaos said:
As Maes says, the price is not that much. Some of these films will never see a DVD release in the UK and most will have probably only a single screening around here, so I think that the value is right. Foreign cinema is usually considered arthouse, so doens't attract the masses to see them and justify cheaper prices. Also, with a membership I think you can get to see them for 6 quid each.

Anyway if you want to discuss that anymore, we should do it in the Barbican thread.

Back