Big Brother 9

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
It starts tonight and I'm super excited! I love watching Big Brother each year, even though I know I shouldn't. It's kind of like a guilty pleasure!

There are 16 house mates this year, and BB is promising to be crueler than ever :]

Will anyone else be watching tonight?

Nope, can't say I will. To be honest, I think they've gone over the top with Big Brother. I mean at the begining it was ok, but now it really do gets repetitive. Yeah, they add these wierd twists every now and then like the "Omg sectret Garden, wtf?", but it does get quite predictable. If you're keen on watching it then enjoy, but it's not really my cup of tea ^^'...

Question: Will there be bears or any other carniverous creatures?

The formula is ragged but i must admit that i have been drawn into a couple series (i know im sad) just because there was nothing else on tv at 3 in the morning.

i liked the first time they made the housemates look after animals.....but alas its becoming monotonous and run out of idea's.
and to be honest i don't like the program for its low moral.....lets put in a guy with turetts so the ratings go up...lets put trannies in that'll boost the ratings too.
what about those people? sure at first they might enjoy the attention..but will end up being tabloid freakshows.

and then they become a crap "celeb"

most guys watch it to gawp at hot girls.

Tachi- said:
and to be honest i don't like the program for its low moral.....lets put in a guy with turetts so the ratings go up...lets put trannies in that'll boost the ratings too.

I like that Big Brother has done that. By putting a transgendered person in the house, they've raised people's awareness and broken down many silly old prejudices (Nadia winning BB5 was a huge victory for acceptance and tolerance). Likewise, by putting Pete in, they raised awareness about Tourette syndrome and the fact Pete also went on to win was even better.

I'm not going to say that BB's intentions were good (they probably were just looking for a 'freak show') but the results were good! :]

I'm afraid that this kind of show makes me happy I don't have television at home...

Hope you crazy people who love it enjoy the new series though :)

R

Well, if you enjoy watching "celebrities", who lost their fame thanks to their drug/alcohol addictions, whining and screaming at each other, even though the "celebrities" (No one has ever heard of since the 70s) are there purely for cash to feed their addictions; Then enjoy!

(-.-)

I'm afraid of the Big Brother watching me.... I guess someone is a reality show junkie, besides and anime lover here... ^_^

Liquid Skin said:
Tachi- said:
most guys watch it to gawp at hot girls.

You mean the bleached blonde ones? Who's name is no doubt Tracey and has the iq of her shoe size.

Yum :p

:lol: that was funny.

and yeah CG, its good that awareness has been given on subjects i just don't think that the producers were looking with good intent. only for viewing rates.

It's shite. God knows what was going on inside the creator's head when he thought shoving a bunch of pikeys in a bungalow for weeks on end would make a good show.

Meh, I love to hate the show. I watch it whenever I can.. But I doubt I'll watch it into the end, The main reason I still watch it is because I've seen every other series (Some I remember better than others). The part that annoys the hell out of me is that they do in fact consider themselves celebrities for starring in a reality TV show.

I watched one of the Audition episodes and Charlie (from eight) was gettin' leary to this other bitch. It annoyed me that she was hangin' onto the fact that she now has money and agents and the like.

I think they know its not a good show, It gets the ratings (even if they have dropped somewhat) and so they might, as well continue.

Tachi- said:
Kurogane said:
Only retards watch reality television, especially BB.

*Looks at thread creator* :lol:
wondering when there is going to be an anime based on reality shows... or maybe one on those fantastic japanese tv games...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ll2kajMH2u0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ll2kajMH2u0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back