Bioshock 2

shira

Shinigami
So is anyone here planning to get it?

I'm tempted to pre-order the collectors edition (And blast most my friggin' xmas money away) cause it looks so damn badass. Only thing that's a bitch is i've no idea where i'll store a friggin' 12" Vinyl for the OST, and i'd never hang those posters up.

But yeah, anyone getting it? I've bought Bioshock 1 off'a STEAM recently in a Sale so i'm planning on playing through that before I decide on my pre-ordering.

Enjoyed the first game a lot, so I can't wait for the second.

However, with my recent injury due to slipping on the ice couple of weeks ago, which left me with a fractured elbow, I can't say for sure I'll be playing it right away.

I've seen a couple of videos on the multiplayer thats it's worth a go at least, I'll be picking it up for PS3.

kupocake said:
Most unnecessary sequel ever.

Yeah totally with you on that, I mean I loved the first but this is just udder reddening milking, however if its good then so be it. Will be waiting for a price drop too.

I want to pre-order it... but this SecuRom **** pisses me off. 15 installs and that disc is useless and i've gotta buy a new one...

SecuRom? *googles* Whoa didn't know about that, Wiki says that even if you uninstall the game that SecuRom will still be on your comp... Well it'll be PS3 for me anyways.

Spyro201 said:
I want to pre-order it... but this SecuRom **** pisses me off. 15 installs and that disc is useless and i've gotta buy a new one...
It's not like there will never be, or isn't already, ways around SecuRom. Most of these install limited games re-credit you an install when you uninstall them anyway (and others just cut out Securom after a few years of active service).

I just don't understand why they've bothered when 15 installs is so ludicrously high. You'll exhaust that amount in as many years so you could easily bung it on a couple of friend's PCs. I've never got the whole Securom indignity thing. I don't like it, but I like £10 premiums on less technically capable console versions a lot less than some incompetent piece of DRM.

Its inclusion in Bioshock 2 is puzzling when you consider that everyone with an ounce of sense has been phasing it out, but then we're talking about a release that includes Games for ******** Windows Live, which frankly I'm more pissed off about. The publisher evidently still thinks it's 2007, because that piece of rectal prolapse has never worked in a user-friendly or worthwhile manner (save your game? I hope you're connected to the internet! We can't have people updating their save game data without being policed, lest Civilization crumble when players fake their gamer achievements! Holy Cow **** No!)

edit: Turns out, the activation limit is GFWL's fault anyway

Back