Boogiepop Collection and live action movie on Play.com

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
ADV's Boogiepop Phantom: Complete Collection is now available to pre-order on Play.com; the boxset, which contains all 12 episodes of the series, is currently due for release on February 20th. The live-action prequel movie Boogiepop and Others will also be available on this date.

Both releases have been added to our comprehensive schedule.

Given the price it may well be cheaper to just chase down the singles in an upcoming sale or even going for the R1s but one way or another I plan to check out the series eventually, even if it is just through rentals. Not so sure about the live action movie, however the fact that Yuki Kajiura composed the music might just sway me to investigate it.

I'll certainly be picking this up come February 20th. It's one of those series I've been meaning to buy for some time, but is inevitably passed over in lieu of some newer/shinier/cheaper complete collection.

Mangaminx said:
Will be picking up the Live-action Boogiepop

I will do so as well.
I already have the R1 brick of Boogiepop which I got for about ??20. Don't think I'll be getting the R2 version unless someone 'mis-prices' it like with Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 and Nadesico. :wink:
________
Bongs

What is Boogiepop Phantom like? I was gonna ask for Volume 1 for Christmas, but maybe I will wait for the box set to come out instead, what do you think?

T4rn14 said:
What is Boogiepop Phantom like? I was gonna ask for Volume 1 for Christmas, but maybe I will wait for the box set to come out instead, what do you think?

Shamless plug for my review. ;)

It's a rather strange psychological horror story that is pretty much two different stories in one series that are in themselves tied together in their own way. If you want a briefer version ;).

Back