Bootleg advice

xx[chii]xx

Kiznaiver
right, after being shouted at for my last topic i decided to rephrase it; how can you spot if an anime dvd is fake?? I find it really difficult on ebay and such places because i cant look at the actual object :l ; all i know is that FX dvds are fake but thats it. Help ?

This will probably get locked as well.

Just see if trustworthy stores have what you are trying to get. HMV, Virgin, Etc. if they don't its highly likely that its a fake.

i dont really see why it should get locked, i wana know if what im buying is official because i want to support the anime industry not some bootleg crap

Thanx paul !! yeah i didnt really think that there were fake dvds on ebay because it seems to be such a trusted site and is mega popular but hey my eyes have opened

as pauls artical says, there is no such thing as a region free dvd and is usually the big give-away

also if it has more than 6 episodes a disk it's usually a fake too (there are exceptions such as naruto and inuyasha)

They're pretty easy to spot. They usually called "Perfect collection"
If they have this 3 disk lay out:
92_2.JPG

It's a bootleg.

Ryo Chan said:
as pauls artical says, there is no such thing as a region free dvd and is usually the big give-away
Obligatory "there are legit region 0 DVDs" post :p .

Just a quick note, while we're on the subject - I recently picked up the first disc of Utena off amazon marketplace (I know, I know...) and it seemed a little odd. However, I checked a bit, and it seems the real DVD actually is a region 0 single DVD with 7 episodes on it? Can anyone confirm this?

Ramadahl said:
Ryo Chan said:
Obligatory "there are legit region 0 DVDs" post :p .

Just a quick note, while we're on the subject - I recently picked up the first disc of Utena off amazon marketplace (I know, I know...) and it seemed a little odd. However, I checked a bit, and it seems the real DVD actually is a region 0 single DVD with 7 episodes on it? Can anyone confirm this?

dunno bout the region 0 part (amazon say it was region 1) but yes it does have 7 eps

Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:
do u really care if it is a bootleg if its good quality?

sure i love funding terrorist just to save a little money
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Skikes, it doesn't matter, I just prefer having the real thing, you may as well download it than buy a bootleg.

Check the listing details, if it says it's a 2005 release disc and you do a bit of research and find out it was released in 2004... well, you're looking at a fake. I made that mistake :(

If they have Chinese/Korean subtitles that is usually a dead giveaway. Also on ebay if it says "Item ships from Honk Kong/Singapore"

Also watch out for items in a "perfect" collection. If you are relly unsure then check with the maker of the series and go look on thier website.

Link100p said:
Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:

Skikes, it doesn't matter, I just prefer having the real thing, you may as well download it than buy a bootleg.

yes i was, my point being alot of bootlegs ends up supporting terrorism

Ryo Chan said:
dunno bout the region 0 part (amazon say it was region 1) but yes it does have 7 eps
Ok, thanks for that. Lots of places give a specific region when the DVDs actually aren't. For example, I think the LE Eva platinum tin that came out here in the UK is actually region 0. In any case, Utena is CPM, and I'm 99.9% sure that means the legit one will be region 0.

skikes said:
Yeah, I do.

Ryo Chan said:
Link100p said:
Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:

yes i was, my point being alot of bootlegs ends up supporting terrorism

ROFL! NO IT DOESNT HAHAHAHAHA

honestly if you believe that youll believe anything!

...hang on, let me guess, u also don't masterbate in fear of going blind!?

Back