Britney Spears' new video has Anime influenced Style

eat **** britney.

edit - harsh words maybe, but I doubt she knows much about anime, and this is just a way of trying to jump on the anime bandwagon.

Why does everyone hate Britney? She's a great singer, fundamentally a good person; she's going through a rough patch.

Anyway, I love that song already (it's from her Blackout album) and the video is awesome! Not sure why kurosaki8 thinks she's jumping on a bandwagon -- do you know her personally, and that she doesn't like anime or manga, but that she's just using that video to jump on some tiny 'bandwagon'?

Break The Ice is a great song and that's a great video ^_^

The art style is just plain ugly and the song is just the same old drivel her music factory (aka record label) pumps out. I hate to say it, but her songs were better when she was pretending to be a virgin.
CitizenGeek said:
Not sure why kurosaki8 thinks she's jumping on a bandwagon -- do you know her personally, and that she doesn't like anime or manga, but that she's just using that video to jump on some tiny 'bandwagon'?
She's never given people reason to believe she likes anime and/or manga. It's quite unreasonable to expect anime fans to warm up to her when the vast majority most likely either dislike her, or are indifferent, because of that (and whatever else she's done to mess up her life).
Ryo Chan said:
Britney thinking she's the Major = instant lose :(
Agreed.

I've never liked her music - I find it inconsistent and irrelevant to my life and experiences. I also don't like her singing or find her particularly attractive, the latter of which seems to be one of her record label's designated selling points for her.

It's fashionable at the moment to bash Britney, and the media have portrayed her as a terrible person lately. I think she's just stupid and surrounded by people who exploit her naiivete. Maybe one day she'll be strong enough to fix her life and learn to smile again.

Haven't heard the song (watched it mute at work) but the video looks ok. Nothing amazing but even an average animated video is a nice break from the billions of identical music videos with scantily clad women jiggling and guys with their bling. The opening did immediately remind me of a weirdly directed version of GITS ;p

Nowhere near the best animated pop video I've seen, not even in the top ten, but it's not that bad.

R

I don't read the tabloids or anything, but right now Britney seems a bit insane. I don't think she deserves praise nor sympathy. She doesn't deserve bashing, either. There are other far less famous, far more insane people out there. Celebrity annoys me.

Ouch, I totally missed this thread when posting the news story, otherwise I would have sourced this thread :(

Anyway, I quite like the video in a very cheap way. Obviously, it's no where near as good as Breaking the Habbit, and it seems to have this 90s Kawajiri vibe; a little bizarre considering this is Britney Spears we're talking about. I'm sure it'll be met with bemusement, and if the YouTube comments were anything to go by, most of her fans are the typical "anime sucks" crowd.

Maxon said:
She's never given people reason to believe she likes anime and/or manga. It's quite unreasonable to expect anime fans to warm up to her when the vast majority most likely either dislike her, or are indifferent, because of that (and whatever else she's done to mess up her life).

I think it's unreasonable to think that Britney's record company are trying to get anime fans to "warm up to her". Britney is far too huge a star to be courting the tiny, irrelevant anime fan market :s

You are right when you say that people are thriving on gossip, and it's gossip that's made Britney as instable as she is :/

If one is moved to the brink of insanity by the views of the public, one should not enter into a profession where one will not get a moments peace.

I've never liked her. She doesn't look that good, she doesnt sing that good and she doesn't come across as smart.

People don't seem to realise that Britney has had a very hard life.

It's easy enough to just follow the hate crowd, but it's pretty stupid to do so when you have no idea what it's like to be pushed by your parents from an incredibly young age to go and be a star, then have the most ridiculous amount of pressure put on, on top of having kids and all the other things she's been through.

Maybe if she dies from the immense stress then it'll make all the Britney haters happy. Seems like that's a possibility recently. Seems to me like she's losing her mind.

(Not necessarily aimed at anyone here of course...)

Back