"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

Yeah, with the handful of stuff where it's licensed but tied to a digital only subscription service, I am engaging in full on hopium and just praying someone licenses for physical copies someday. It has happened before a couple times so it isn't completely without precedent.
At least in Tadakoro-san's case it's a direct purchase rather than being tied to a subscription. But yeah having a physical option is always good

I read this week's 'Otherside Picnic' part on J-Novel and I'm kind of overcome with emotion right now. Something very important was about to happen and now I have to wait one more week to see the final part. A cliffhanger has never made me so anxious before this is torture.

So I finished vol 8 of 'Otherside Picnic' (novel). Uhh, god how do I even talk about my current mental state without just spoiling everything? I'll stick a vague spoiler at the end in case anyone wants to read it. Okay, so basically the final part, oh god the final part. I've said that the romance in this series is slowburn. Well ...they got there, oh they got there. My mind is still reeling from how much of a thing SoraTori is now. Oh wow. They really did it.

@DragoStark I know you in particular were wondering where the relationship in this series was gonna go because you're fine with slowburns as long as they bear fruit. Well, I just had a bountiful harvest, my cup runeth over. If it was a concern for you then let me assure you this series is 100% worth your attention.

@DragoStark I know you in particular were wondering where the relationship in this series was gonna go because you're fine with slowburns as long as they bear fruit. Well, I just had a bountiful harvest, my cup runeth over. If it was a concern for you then let me assure you this series is 100% worth your attention.
Things you love to hear! I'll have to wait until September to pick up vol 8 and try to catch up in the meantime. I'm still reading ITLV atm and I realised what I read a long, long time ago was a hashed translation of the web novel, not the actual LNs. So thanks for gushing over this series 'cos it convinced me to read the LNs for this too because I missed out on a lot of extra stuff! Everything in v3 and beyond is completely new to me.

Things you love to hear! I'll have to wait until September to pick up vol 8 and try to catch up in the meantime. I'm still reading ITLV atm and I realised what I read a long, long time ago was a hashed translation of the web novel, not the actual LNs. So thanks for gushing over this series 'cos it convinced me to read the LNs for this too because I missed out on a lot of extra stuff! Everything in v3 and beyond is completely new to me.
ILTV is my absolute favourite (as my pfp might give away) and vol 3-5 is honestly the best bit for me. Although with the developments from the latest 'Otherside Picnic' novel, that series has cemented itself as a fairly close second for me.

this series is 100% worth your attention.
I love Otherside Picnic. I picked up the first three paperback omnibuses last year but couldn't wait for the fourth and final omnibus, so read volume 7 digitally a few months ago. I'm so desperate to read volume 8. I think I can just about hold out until August 22nd! I'm glad to hear that it has a satisfying ending.

I know some folks didn't like the anime, but I thought it was entertaining enough. I'd definitely watch another season if they made it.

I've made about 5 orders and returns so far for I'm in Love with the Villainess volume 1 but zero luck on getting the revised edition. Anyone know a better way of getting the revised edition or is it best I wait for Seven Seas to (hopefully) reprint the light novels when the anime comes out?

I've made about 5 orders and returns so far for I'm in Love with the Villainess volume 1 but zero luck on getting the revised edition. Anyone know a better way of getting the revised edition or is it best I wait for Seven Seas to (hopefully) reprint the light novels when the anime comes out?
That's a shame, I got a revised edition on the first try. It is worth noting that they don't all say they're revised editions in the book. Some copies just have the text added back in without it being mentioned in the copyright stuff. This is what mine is like, it definitely has the aforementioned text restored but it doesn't mention anything about revisions.

You'll know if you have a revised edition if during the chapter where they discuss queer sexuality, there's a paragraph or two about Japanese gay entertainers and how they put on an over the top comedic persona in order to gain some level of acceptance from Japanese society.

I love Otherside Picnic. I picked up the first three paperback omnibuses last year but couldn't wait for the fourth and final omnibus
The series is actually still ongoing, volume 8 isn't the final volume. There may well be enough future volumes left for a fifth or sixth omnibus. The description of vol 8 calls it the climax largely due to how drastically Toriko and Sorawo's relationship develops during it. In fact the end of vol 8 seems to be hinting at more to come in terms of Otherside exploration, and it's implying that their closer relationship is key to it.

That's a shame, I got a revised edition on the first try. It is worth noting that they don't all say they're revised editions in the book. Some copies just have the text added back in without it being mentioned in the copyright stuff. This is what mine is like, it definitely has the aforementioned text restored but it doesn't mention anything about revisions.

You'll know if you have a revised edition if during the chapter where they discuss queer sexuality, there's a paragraph or two about Japanese gay entertainers and how they put on an over the top comedic persona in order to gain some level of acceptance from Japanese society.

Would Pikotaro be an example of this? I loved watching him do Pen Pineapple Apple Pen on Japanese Sesame Street :)

Thanks for the heads up. That sure makes things more complicated. Do you have the specific page number so I can check?

I wouldn't even begin to know lol. I knew just enough about Japanese gay celebrities to understand what Rae was referencing in the book but not much beyond that.

That's completely fair I just wondered cuz the mention made me think of him :) Don't wanna get things too off topic but

Page 85-86 in my copy.
Turns out the copy I received today was in fact the revised edition. Not sure if this is another identifier for revised editions but this one seems to be printed in China rather than Canada. Thank you so much. Saves me having to make another return.

(Now I'll just contemplate how many potential revised editions I unknowingly sent back)

Turns out the copy I received today was in fact the revised edition. Not sure if this is another identifier for revised editions but this one seems to be printed in China rather than Canada. Thank you so much. Saves me having to make another return.

(Now I'll just contemplate how many potential revised editions I unknowingly sent back)
Mine says China as well. I don't know if that actually means anything though so the only surefire way to check is to look for the restored text.

Back