Chobits vs Trigun vs Gungrave !

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
i want to get one of these series to add to my collection, but i am finding it very hard to make a decision...

chobits i have read some of the manga and i found it hilarious

trigun i have seen the entire show and love it/own the manga's as well

Gungrave i just love the style of this anime, and also i have the game of it (dont care what anyone says, mabye a crap game, but i like it!)

so please can you help me choose!!

please tell me about the shows as well (apart from trigun) because i havent seen them and it would be nice to read some info about them..

I'd go with Trigun.
Chobits is cute and all but after a while, unless you get the hots for Chii :shock: she will drive you mad :wink: It is quite amusing but I must admit she gets on ya wick after a while. Has a bloody good ending though!!

Gungrave I don't know about, other than is supposed to be violent (?).

They are all so different from each other, so it really it depends on what you're in when you go shopping :mrgreen:

I've only seen Trigun, but it was an enjoyable anime all round. Trouble is the fact its spread over 8 discs, so you're really going to have to want it to persuade yourself to spend that much. Alternatively, I hear Gungrave is good, and its by Nightow (who did Trigun). I haven't seen it though, nor have I seen Chobits.

Edit: Gungrave rocked as a game, even if it gave you severe RSI. Like Gitaroo Man...

hmmm, understood..... i may go for Gungrave, considering that its by Nightow and has its 'Trigun' feel to it, and i have the Trigun anime (on fansub) and that just leeves Chobits... i may allow chobits because i already got/collecting 4 comedy series
:Excel Saga
:Love Hina
:Azumanga Daioh
:peacemaker... well this is half comedy...

so looks like ill get Gungrave then ..... but keep the reccomendations comming though.

It's a close heat between Trigun and Gungrave. In the end, I would personally go for Gungrave since the characters are just so realistic, flawed and compelling.

With Trigun, besides a few rouge episodes, I never really felt moved or stunned by what it had to say. It's one of these shows that stradles between slapstick comedy and heavy drama and seems to waste many of the earlier episodes on generic, super deformed gunfights.

Honestly though, both series are great.

I'd go for Gungrave because it looks pretty good, I recently got all of Trigun off ebay and to say the leastwas pretty dissapointed.

Ramen89 said:
I recently got all of Trigun off ebay and to say the leastwas pretty dissapointed.
You were :?
I thought it was a damned good story, although I have to admit in my case I am slightly biased due to Vash :wink:

I personally would of said watch Trigun then gungrave.

both are amazing shows made by the same guy. trigun just has that extra something that makes you like vash so much.

[ps u can buy an extremely good bootleg set for 20 quid....]

well im going to be the odd one out and say chobits as its so funny and im a big CLAMP fan. tho im buying all 3 of these series so i guess im not the best person to lission to.

valha said:
well im going to be the odd one out and say chobits as its so funny and im a big CLAMP fan. tho im buying all 3 of these series so i guess im not the best person to lission to.

We're all a bit biased, so he shouldn't listen to any of us :lol:
It's nice to ask opinions of others but in the end the final choice is always down to the "asker"!!

Chobits by some distance over Trigun and Gungrave. Not as good as the manga version, but still the best of the three.

LOL, i just downloaded the 1st 8 eps (dvd version... in just1 and a half days!) and i watched and i foun dit it really funny..... so i may get this now.... bu ill have to download some gungrave eps and se the difference

Ninja Boy! said:
LOL, i just downloaded the 1st 8 eps (dvd version... in just1 and a half days!) and i watched and i foun dit it really funny..... so i may get this now.... bu ill have to download some gungrave eps and se the difference

You shouldn't really admit to downloading licensed anime :?

Back