"Community Captains" are selected... UPDATED 29th

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Howdy,

As some of you may have read else where on the forums, I recently started a new full time job and so a lot of the energy I used to expend working on the site has been reduced; this is especially reflected the amount of time I can now spend hanging around on the forums and helping the community to continue to grow.

In my stead, I have decided to 'select' two new Community Captains; essentially, these are two dedicated and respected users of the forum who have devoted their time to furthering the activity and discussion in and around this place by consistently posting new topics and replies.

The two people I have selected are Miaka-chan and MangaMinX. Both of these users have (since registering) proven to be well spoken, enthusiastic and likable personalities and I'm really chuffed they agreed to accept the challenge of aiding this young community in it's (hopefully) continued progress.

As I said before, I haven't made this move to enforce a stronger authority around the place. On the contrary, it is simply an attempt to keep this fantastic community full of enthusiasm and energy.

This post was just to let you know what is happening and that you shouldn't feel left out if you were also looking for a similiar involvement with these forums. Each and everyone of you are appreciated here and I am sure more of these 'captain' roles will become available in the future.

Cheers for reading and thanks go to Miaka-chan and MangaMinX for stepping up ;)

that or society as we know it will collapse and rock and roll will take over :D

Well done Miaka-chan and MangaMinX. just don't go trigger happy with the post locking :p

Late post, sorry. Congratulations to both of you. Your definatly the right people. MangaMinx has only been here a month and already has become, well, everywhere, and Miaka-chan seems to know every obscure anime around. Two really good choices, methinks.

With Michelle (Mangaminx) transforming into the "Dark Mistress" (i.e. a news reporter and general site contributor), we've appointed a new community captain! :) Red XIII, who impressed us with her enthusiatic approach to the communtiy and willingness to get involved, has agreed to take on the title. Best of luck, Red!

As the site continues to grow, more positions like this will become available and of all the people who we've "approached", 99% had previously shown a willingness to get involved with the site by simply offering us their help, ideas and comments.

If you want to be considered for these type of things in the future, by all means, prove to us you would really love to be involved with the site.

Congrats Red :D

all of the Community Captains and site staff have done a great job with the site so far - keep up the good work!

Back