Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII question

LukasROAR

Straw Hat Pirate
Hi, my bro is a huuuuge FF fan and has been waiting for this game for ages. It came out in the states 2 days ago and is not due here till the June 27th.
What i'd like to ask is if UMD games are multi regional or if this title is and if it's worth importing it.
I read on that oh so reliable source Wiki that a certain majority of PSP games are multiregional but i thought i'd check here to see if anyone knows if this is truth or has the game.
Thanks in advance

I'm sure all PSP games are region-free.

I've ordered my copy of Crisis Core from <a href="http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=39358">Movietyme</a>. They can be a little slow but their prices are excellent.

I have the JP version and a UK PSP with no special firmware, works fine. As do UK games. Games are multi-region friendly :)

I think UMD movies are locked but nobody buys those as imports anyway (do they?).

R

Thanks guys for your quick responses.

Fabricatedlunatic when you get your copy will you give me a shout if it works fine and then i'll get right on ordering a copy for my brother. :)

I was gonna buy the US version today, but I see the Euro version comes with a book...so considering I'm a raving VII fanboy, I'll wait for that. >_>

you can always have both mate thats what im doing had the uk version with the book on pre order fro ages but caved in and got the usa version it was only £20:) bargin.

after spending some more time with it my 1 and only problem with this game is thats its on the psp and not the ps3 or even ps2. but this pretty much confirms a FFVII remake on ps3 *faints*

Bluedragon said:
after spending some more time with it my 1 and only problem with this game is thats its on the psp and not the ps3 or even ps2. but this pretty much confirms a FFVII remake on ps3 *faints*

Heh... The FF7 Remake rumour starts again. Though tbh, gimme a Chrono Sequel over Final Fantasy VII remake any day (that way, they won't use that god awful ADB system).

If they ever did remake FFVII, they'd never use FFXII's ADB system (which is, by the way, superior to FFVII's battle system; which is saying something, because I think FFVII pretty much perfected turn-based battling).

Aaron said:
I was gonna buy the US version today, but I see the Euro version comes with a book...so considering I'm a raving VII fanboy, I'll wait for that. >_>

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too! Free art books ftw!

If they must do Final Fantasy prequels, can we have a Final Fantasy VIII one centered around Laguna, and at least one scene where Kiros does a moonwalk?

Weehee!

As nice as it would be to see all the above FF games remade the fact is that if any of them will it will be FFVII, as much of a fan i am FFVII isnt even my favourite but it seems to be the majority.

But if you look at it this way... if a FFVII remake happens then the door is then open for others to be remade.

p.s everyone bitching about the DMW in crisis core need to get a life (this has not been mentioned on this board but on others) ive been playing this game for days and the only way the DMW effects play is that you cant choose which limit break you do. just thought id mention it incase some of you guys were hesitant of buying it because of all the negative press the DMW has been getting:)

Bluedragon said:
But if you look at it this way... if a FFVII remake happens then the door is then open for others to be remade.
Eh? They've been remaking Final Fantasies for years. Final Fantasy I, II and IV especially have appeared on more platforms than Eddie Izzard. Sure, they're not quite as complex, and people seem to be demanding a full 'current next gen' level remake, but it's not like their sales have made Square think 'oh, this business of recycling old property is a little financially risky, and I'll have none of it!'

Just so you know, my interest in Crisis Core just went from "Meh, I don't even own one of those Portable Playstations" to "Hmm, I wonder how far along PSP emulation is these days". I expect to reach "Hi flatmate, I'll trade you five minutes with Tactics A2 on my DS for 15 hours on Crisis Core" by Autumn.

kupoartist said:
Bluedragon said:
Eh? They've been remaking Final Fantasies for years. Final Fantasy I, II and IV especially have appeared on more platforms than Eddie Izzard. Sure, they're not quite as complex, and people seem to be demanding a full 'current next gen' level remake, but it's not like their sales have made Square think 'oh, this business of recycling old property is a little financially risky, and I'll have none of it!'

Just so you know, my interest in Crisis Core just went from "Meh, I don't even own one of those Portable Playstations" to "Hmm, I wonder how far along PSP emulation is these days". I expect to reach "Hi flatmate, I'll trade you five minutes with Tactics A2 on my DS for 15 hours on Crisis Core" by Autumn.

What i mean by remakes are the ones that would appear on current gen consoles as im fully aware that FF games get remade but nobody is screaming out for them on the psp there all after that elusive ps3 remake.

Shame really that your not all that interested in Crisis Core im a firm believer keeping my nose out of others peoples business but this is really one of the best if not the best rpgs to appear on the psp plus its a great fan service so i hope you pick it up but i dont wanna come off like im pushing it down ya throat.

Even tho i would easily pick up a FFVII ps3 remake im much more excited for FFXIII and future FF games because i would much rather SE spend there time making new games:)

I have a question, why the **** do Square Enix keep milking FF VII to the max? It's got to end some where, seriously. It doesn't help that people are supporting them, and being suckered into it because they have a soft spot for Final Fantasy VII and dub it their "favourite RPG EVAR" Sure, I like FF VII to an extent, but it's getting ridiculous, stop this ****, Square Enix and concentrate on the things that are actually worth putting effort and time into.

Back