UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

It’s kind of impressive that they took advantage of having rights for multiple territories to increase the price rather than bring the cost down.
It brings the costs down: For German users...
The average new release here is between 80 and 120 € for 12 eps, but in most cases with better packaging and usually small booklets.

However in France most releases are cheaper, often between 40 and 60 €, but with 2-cour-series being released in one set for that price...

The next slate of Crunchyroll releases in the US. I imagine the majority of the these will make it over to the UK, if you want a sneak preview of what you can expect:

uqzkVHH.png

The next slate of Crunchyroll releases in the US. I imagine the majority of the these will make it over to the UK, if you want a sneak preview of what you can expect:

uqzkVHH.png
Looks like at least a couple of these have multiple audio tracks (and subtitle ones) again, both German and French again
I wouldn't mind, but seeing how this turned out with Platinum End, this seems of little benefit for more cost.

uqzkVHH.png
It fees like there's a 50/50 chance on if Requiem of the Rose King gets brought over here. You'd figure something based on a Shakespeare play based on English history would be an obvious choice but maybe it's too niche.

Well it's finally happened. Crunchyroll charged me the correct price, for the past few years I've been charged £40 annually, when it should have been £65 lol. Not too bad, it's only £50 now. Oh well, all good things come to an end.

A Crunchyroll Button on Sony Bravia remote controls for 2023. That's the e-mail that fell into my inbox today.

Talk about rage inducing! I hate these sponsored buttons on remotes. They will always start apps that are so hard to get out of. There's a Netflix button in the middle of my remote, right between all the most used buttons, and I always press it by accident, and spend five minutes swearing at the TV trying to quit the app. Either that or Skype.

One thing's for sure. I won't be buying a Sony TV any time soon.

A Crunchyroll Button on Sony Bravia remote controls for 2023. That's the e-mail that fell into my inbox today.

Talk about rage inducing! I hate these sponsored buttons on remotes. They will always start apps that are so hard to get out of. There's a Netflix button in the middle of my remote, right between all the most used buttons, and I always press it by accident, and spend five minutes swearing at the TV trying to quit the app. Either that or Skype.

One thing's for sure. I won't be buying a Sony TV any time soon.
Good move, I have Sony Blu Ray player (multiregion for DVDs) but it was nightmare to program

Back