UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

This is going to screw over Discotek hauls in the future.
Thank God I ordered all of Symphogear before this news happened.
I may order Shaman King Japanese Audio tomorrow while I'm at it.

Truly disgusting.
Screw Crunchyroll.

I've got like 4 Blu-Ray and 2 Figure Preorders on Rightstuf. All I can do now is pray to the gods of capitalism that maybe they will be generous enough to enable shipping to Europe. Otherwhise the scalpers on Ebay will have the time of their lives

As I wrote on twitter...

What is Funimation actually planning?

They seem to be going out their way to kill off every brand, from Retailers like Rightstuf to sublicensing companies like Manga UK. Hell even killed off Funimation!

If this doesnt end up like ADV in a couple years time, I'll be surprised

Maybe they think this is the best way to force everyone to move subscribing to a streaming service? Either that or they secretly hate anime and are only doing this in order to destroy the market.

As long as they honour my Dirty Pair kickstarter and the last item from my July order.

Maybe they think this is the best way to force everyone to move subscribing to a streaming service? Either that or they secretly hate anime and are only doing this in order to destroy the market.

As long as they honour my Dirty Pair kickstarter and the last item from my July order.
They probably see the future is forcing people to stream everything rather than actually owning the product.

"You will own nothing and be happy" to quote some idiots on Twitter

Isn't this a death knell for anime imports? The Crunchyroll store won't allow you to order stuff to delivered outside of the region it is rated for.

Won't even ship a region 1 DVD to UK, even though universal DVD players are extremely common.
I would expect as the license holder they wouldn't sell outside their area.
I suppose they'd have no issue with other companies stuff in theory but can't see them selling anything outside USA etc.

As much as I love and always will support physical media for as long as it's being made I think we have to accept we are all old in terms of the media landscape and they will only continue physical media as long as it's profitable but these day's the kid's are more content with streaming, not all of us well over 30 (assuming there's no one on this forum under 30 which would be a nice surprise to learn young people still appreciate this kind o communication).

As much as I love and always will support physical media for as long as it's being made I think we have to accept we are all old in terms of the media landscape and they will only continue physical media as long as it's profitable but these day's the kid's are more content with streaming, not all of us well over 30 (assuming there's no one on this forum under 30 which would be a nice surprise to learn young people still appreciate this kind o communication).
I'm 25 and I imagine there's probably a fair share of those in their 20s who still use forums. Would probably say the same for physical media too as someone who grew up watching VHS. Only speaking of my experience of course but I don't think would be too surprising.

A couple of updates. Anything which isn't Crunchyroll Home Video can be shipped internationally
to everywhere except...

• Any country in Asia
  • Argentina
  • Belarus
  • Bolivia
  • Brazil
  • Burma
  • Central African Republic
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Comoros
  • Costa Rica
  • Cote d’Ivoire
  • Crimea Ukraine
  • Cuba
  • Cyprus
  • Democratic Republic
  • Ecuador
  • El Salvador
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Estonia
  • Ghana
  • Guatemala
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kiribati
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Lebanon
  • Liberia
  • Mayotte
  • Mexico
  • Myanmar
  • Naura
  • Nicaragua
  • Nigeria
  • Niue
  • Palestine
  • Palestinian Territories
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Qatar
  • Republic of Kosovo
  • Russia
  • Sierra Leone
  • Solomon Island
  • Somalia
  • South Africa
  • South Sudan
  • St. Helena
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tajikistan
  • Tokelau
  • Turkey
  • Turkmenistan
  • Tuvalu
  • Ukraine
  • Uruguay
  • Venezuela
  • Zimbabwe

And there will be no more live action. That ANN article was updated

Yep so the only reason to bother ordering from them (can get other stuff pretty much elsewhere)
I bet aniplex bds will be even more painful to get hold of (and the only reason i use RS)

This is my main concern right now too. But Passing throughs update has relieved it a bit. Still the fact you can't order Crunchyroll shows anymore really sucks since they seem to refuse to want to release them here anyway (e.g. RE:Zero season 2)

Back