UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I hope Anime-On-Line will have all the Suzume releases available, it will be a little cheaper for international shipping than from AL. All AOL have listed right now is the Soundtrack CD, which I plan on getting as well. Amazon may be even a little cheaper, but they don't have the LE set listed yet. Still need to wait and see if the US gets the same LE and/or the steelbook, so I can order them domestically.

View attachment 31882

Suzoom limited edition has been revealed by Zavvi. £44.99 price point.

Rigid Box, 4 x Art Cards & 60 Page Art Book

Extras:
  • Directors Commentary
  • Directors Interview
  • Directors Filmography Recap
  • Radwimps Interview
  • The Making Of Documentary
  • Ending Scene Tadaima Version
  • Special Commemoration Videos
  • Promo Video Collection
  • Teaser & Trailers
  • Roundtable Interview With Makoto Shinkai, Yojiro Noda & Kazuma Jinnai
Wasn't clear in the first photos, the discs appear to be held in a standard case, going by the CR Store listing Suzume - Movie - Blu-ray + DVD - Limited Edition | Crunchyroll Store

Yeah, I was looking at the perspective of the box image incorrectly - it has a hinged front cover instead of being sideload, seems like a very flimsy design - so what is going to hold that front cover shut? Nothing, I'm sure. It's Crunchyroll. It will just hang open once the shrinkwrap is removed. They aren't smart enough to incorporate a magnetic closure, at least. 😒

Wasn't clear in the first photos, the discs appear to be held in a standard case, going by the CR Store listing Suzume - Movie - Blu-ray + DVD - Limited Edition | Crunchyroll Store
Looks like the steelbook is going to be a must then if it's just a standard plastic case in the CE. 100% going to end up triple dipping when the 4k gets announced down the line. I hate Crunchyroll.

You'd think the limited collector's edition would come with all the bells and whistles. It's going the way of gaming - soon there'll be a standard edition, limited edition, collector's edition, deluxe collector's edition, super deluxe limited collector's edition.

As Sony bought Kaze/Viz and Manga and brought them all under Crunchyroll what happend to the Anime titles they had? like Nisekoi

In the US Nisekoi sold through Aniplex, in the UK it was sold by Kaze, as there is no more Kaze, would titles like Nisekoi be rereleased under Cruncyroll? or as they work with Aniplex, it would be just through them?

I'm asking as I have all 4 parts of Nisekoi on DVD but want to upgrade it to Blu Ray, Nisekoi by Kaze was released in 2015/2017 and the second half of season 1 is out of print and out of stoke. it would be a shame to by S1 p.1, S2 p.1 and S2 p.2 just to find out that they are being rereleased soon

As Sony bought Kaze/Viz and Manga and brought them all under Crunchyroll what happend to the Anime titles they had? like Nisekoi

In the US Nisekoi sold through Aniplex, in the UK it was sold by Kaze, as there is no more Kaze, would titles like Nisekoi be rereleased under Cruncyroll? or as they work with Aniplex, it would be just through them?

I'm asking as I have all 4 parts of Nisekoi on DVD but want to upgrade it to Blu Ray, Nisekoi by Kaze was released in 2015/2017 and the second half of season 1 is out of print and out of stoke. it would be a shame to by S1 p.1, S2 p.1 and S2 p.2 just to find out that they are being rereleased soon
Unless they've expired most licenses would still be with Crunchyroll. Quite a few titles like Naruto, Bleach, and Black Lagoon have since been acquired by Anime Limited. Nisekoi being an Aniplex title may complicate matters though since they too are owned by Sony.

As licenses are usually only good for e.g. 5, 7 or rarely 10 years, you should assume that ALL Kazé UK licenses expired already, Some titles have been rescued by AL or Manga UK (Code Geass, OPM).

Whilest Crunchyroll & Funimation US division have some kind of auto-renewal for their licenses, most other companies didn't have - resulting in new contracts to be made once a license expires and that may result in a title being unavailable for several months or even years.

Sadly it's quite unlikely for Aniplex titles, that already got a Blu-ray release in certain territories, to receive another release after the first license expired. Titles that were DVD-only had slightly better chances...

@happyhuman : The new Aniplex complete edition also includes 4 OVAs that didn't get a UK release. However it's WAY more expensive.
Also the French sets of Nisekoi include English subs, however the packaging is different from the UK variants

I hope Anime-On-Line will have all the Suzume releases available, it will be a little cheaper for international shipping than from AL. All AOL have listed right now is the Soundtrack CD, which I plan on getting as well. Amazon may be even a little cheaper, but they don't have the LE set listed yet. Still need to wait and see if the US gets the same LE and/or the steelbook, so I can order them domestically.

Just a quick question, if any gets a copy of Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero 4K, if you can say whether or not it plays the feature in Dolby Vision (as opposed to HDR10) then that would be great. I received the film and I couldn't get it to do so with a Panasonic DP-UB450.

I have noticed most listings are pretty light on details, the back of the box does say Dolby Vision HDR though in the info bars. I have heard it suggested it may be present on the disc, but I couldn't get it to display (player was updated to make sure there was no obvious reason why it wouldn't and it has no problem with other Dolby Vision discs).

Just a quick question, if any gets a copy of Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero 4K, if you can say whether or not it plays the feature in Dolby Vision (as opposed to HDR10) then that would be great. I received the film and I couldn't get it to do so with a Panasonic DP-UB450.

I have noticed most listings are pretty light on details, the back of the box does say Dolby Vision HDR though in the info bars. I have heard it suggested it may be present on the disc, but I couldn't get it to display (player was updated to make sure there was no obvious reason why it wouldn't and it has no problem with other Dolby Vision discs).
My copy should be arriving today from Amazon, so I'll definitely have a look. I have a Sony XH9505 TV and a player that supports Dolby Vision.

Blu-ray.com does say the 4k disc should have Dolby Vision.

Yes, I saw that suzume was posted up on your site the other day, and I did go ahead and order it on Sunday - the only thing is, stupid me forgot to include the Suzume CD in the order with it! It's probably too late to try to add it to my order - and now I see it's out of stock already. I'll have to get the CD some other time, maybe. 😖

Yes, I saw that suzume was posted up on your site the other day, and I did go ahead and order it on Sunday - the only thing is, stupid me forgot to include the Suzume CD in the order with it! It's probably too late to try to add it to my order - and now I see it's out of stock already. I'll have to get the CD some other time, maybe. 😖
It's actually now back in stock.

Back