UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (4K Amazon Exclusive Steelbook Edition) is out of stock atm, I wonder if this is because of the disc issues or if it has just sold out. I was about to go buy it, I notice the U.S. Steelbook is available but not sure if that has the same disc issue or not otherwise I don't mind getting that instead.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero 4K Steelbook (Amazon Exclusive) + Blu-ray https://amzn.eu/d/eoOG8pw

EDIT: I'll wait a little bit and see before biting the bullet regardless, if they have recalled it, it's probably better this way than to get a replacement through Amazon / Crunchyroll.

Last edited:
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (4K Amazon Exclusive Steelbook Edition) is out of stock atm, I wonder if this is because of the disc issues or if it has just sold out. I was about to go buy it, I notice the U.S. Steelbook is available but not sure if that has the same disc issue or not otherwise I don't mind getting that instead.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero 4K Steelbook (Amazon Exclusive) + Blu-ray https://amzn.eu/d/eoOG8pw

EDIT: I'll wait a little bit and see before biting the bullet regardless, if they have recalled it, it's probably better this way than to get a replacement through Amazon / Crunchyroll.
Just What Are the Disc Issues ?

No the back of the box says Dolby Vision so it’s an error hence they are apparently going to fix it. (Just checked my copy from Amazon and yes no DV even though the box says it contains it)

thanks for the heads up iv not even opened mine yet but considering i used a forwarding Company i just wonder how Crunchy are going to Deal with it ....

Just got/ noticed a message on my Funimation app

"Starting Dec 28 2023, downloading content and offline veiwing will no longer be available on funimation. You can get your favorite anime on the go with a premium membership on crunchyroll"

So not exactly sure what that will be, but sounds like we can still stream and there just removing the offline function, and I assume it applies to everything.
Still not great as they still haven't copied everything over like for like. and also no idea what the future hold for everyones funimation digital library.

Last edited:
According to MVM there will be a disc replacement for DBS Super Hero 4K.
Expectation; send out a sticker to cover the feature description on the case with a version lacking the ’dolby vision’ text. 😶

For new / unsold stock, they’ll give an intern a black marker pen…

Green tint (they’re not fixing this) and the missing Dolby Vision.

Why not fix all known issues, if you’re going to press new discs presumably from a new or updated master? 🙄

Regarding Suzume, this may be news that is potentially interesting, while also following a track record at this point

A 4K release is mentioned in a press release as something to be seen later in the year.
Still no word if there'll be a 4K collector's/limited edition though, so I feel I'll have to get the blu-ray collector's edition anyway and then double dip for the 4k.

Still no word if there'll be a 4K collector's/limited edition though, so I feel I'll have to get the blu-ray collector's edition anyway and then double dip for the 4k.
Yeah, same here, I want the steelbook to match my other Shinkai steelbooks (though still need to pick up The Garden of Words one) but also wanted to pick up the LE as I prefer them for titles I like.

But seeing as DBS: SH got two steelbooks (one BD and one 4K) plus a LE (BD only), is it worth waiting I wonder. I don't mind triple dipping on DB as it's my fav series (and still got to pick up the 4K steelbook at that) and though I really enjoyed Suzume, I'm not really sure if I want to triple dip. I mean the smart thing would be just to wait for the 4K release and get that only but who said buying anime was smart :p I jk of course.

Yeah, same here, I want the steelbook to match my other Shinkai steelbooks (though still need to pick up The Garden of Words one) but also wanted to pick up the LE as I prefer them for titles I like.

But seeing as DBS: SH got two steelbooks (one BD and one 4K) plus a LE (BD only), is it worth waiting I wonder. I don't mind triple dipping on DB as it's my fav series (and still got to pick up the 4K steelbook at that) and though I really enjoyed Suzume, I'm not really sure if I want to triple dip. I mean the smart thing would be just to wait for the 4K release and get that only but who said buying anime was smart :p I jk of course.

I'm lucky I don't have that sort of steelbook itch!

My guess is there will be a 4K steelbook and a 4K standard edition - matching the DBS SH release like you say, which is why I'm going to play it safe and get the blu-ray CE/LE.

I don't mind triple dipping for Shinkai films, but it is annoying they release the blu-ray/4k at different times. I assume it's a profit thing. Make people buy the blu-ray first and then release a 4k down the line. Or maybe there's just some hoops they have to jump through that I'm just not aware of.

Looks like the "select" Crunchyroll titles for the Sony Core app on PS5(requires PS+ Premium) and Bravia tvs will be available on Tuesday. It's still unkonwn which titles will be available.

Looks like the "select" Crunchyroll titles for the Sony Core app on PS5(requires PS+ Premium) and Bravia tvs will be available on Tuesday. It's still unkonwn which titles will be available.
Do you mean a new selection? They've been available since last month and there really wasn't a huge choice.
20231221_182016.jpg

Back