UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Mob Psycho season 3 has recently been rated on the BBFC for physical media and streaming so that might be out soon.
Will be with the rest of Mays slate at the earliest. Crunchyroll are moving over to Sony for home video distribution in the US and are intentionally having a small number of releases until the changeover is complete. This is having a knock on effect here with less being released.

Hopefully it's not worse than the console ones. I found the PS5 app tends to consistency reduce the quality of the stream even though my wi-fi is capable of handling higher resolution especially on other apps like Amazon Prime and Netflix.
It's annoying how much most Crunchyroll apps lag behind the website and phone versions. Playstation and Roku still don't have support for crunchylists or even the older favourites option. When I want to watch something I've saved to a crunchylist, I have to go to the Android app, add that show to the main watchlist, and then I can access it on the Roku. :confused:

I cancelled my Funi sub back when they announced that they were merging the services, not that I used it much unless I really had to. Surprised it took them this long to properly sunset it but they still haven't fully moved over the catalogue afaik?

I cancelled my Funi sub back when they announced that they were merging the services, not that I used it much unless I really had to. Surprised it took them this long to properly sunset it but they still haven't fully moved over the catalogue afaik?

I've just updated the Funimation section on the Anime Uk News Spreadsheet not so long ago. By my estimates, 693 out of 837 titles have made across over to Crunchyroll. So that's 129 Remaining titles.

Unless someone else has information, I really hope these titles won't disappear. :(

On a different note, I've suspected for a while that Funimation would be shut down soon. It makes sense everything is in the same place with the same apps. On a personal note, the spreadsheet going to look a lot smaller with the major lack of duplicates. 😜

Out of curiosity how do people get digital copies? I thought they only came as a bonus with DVDs and Blu-rays.
Yeah just came in funimation blu-ray titles before crunchyroll take over also came in most essential's US imports (+VPN to claim)
I think in the US you could purchase digital version from funimation too, but i never tried or did that

EDIT: But a month or 2 back they also closed the ability to download titles for offline veiwing and I think the ability to store previously downloaded content. So removing all the option that might have been usefull.

I think most people were hoping and expecting they would actually transfer peoples libiary too crunchy roll
Also wasnt expecting it yet cause they still havent transfered everything over from funimation yet (and some missing some dubs, ect)

Last edited:
I am kind of annoyed by the fact they are scrapping digital copies entirely, not even transferring of old copies you already had. Since I had quite a few from Blu Rays I had bought, some of the codes I hadn't even activated yet. Then they slap us with jacking up the price, Its like "Yeah we swallowed our biggest competition we had and now we have market monopoly, we can do as we please". I am just glad I never sold any of those Blu Rays I got digital copies for, I am sure a couple of people are regretting that now.

Back