UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

The next batch CR Blu-rays are listed here including Uzaki, Mob Psycho 3, Quints and Konosuba. Plus the multi language titles for too much as per usual.

KonoSuba, Quints and Mob Psycho LE for me. Been meaning to check out Uzaki and Ice Guy so undecided on those yet, leaning more to picking up Uzaki though as it looks like the trashy sort of show I'd enjoy. A shame we never got the S1 LE but wouldn't be the first time I got a LE without previous seasons getting one if I do decide to get the S2 LE for Uzaki.

The next batch CR Blu-rays are listed here including Uzaki, Mob Psycho 3, Quints and Konosuba. Plus the multi language titles for too much as per usual.
I kept consistency with Quints so I already have the US version.

Mob Psycho 100 III I'll pick up the standard as I just haven't bothered with any of its LEs. Konosuba Explosion I'll pickup.

Multi-language titles (except for maybe KamiKatsu) I plan to import anyway since the price is identical and I don't want to own their EU variation version of the packaging.

I don’t know how you eff this up but the subs on Crunchryroll via Amazon Prime are an absolute mess.

Obviously anecdotal here but I’ve started watching the Entertainment Arc of Demon Slayer and within the first minute Rengoku has been called Goku, Rococo and something else nonsensical that I’ve forgotten in my annoyance. Sentences between different speakers just run on in the same block of on-screen text and the whole thing occasionally reads like those auto-translated subs YouTube uses.

I’ve done a search and can’t see anyone complaining about the main CR subs so why on earth Amazon would use completely different ones is beyond me.

I don’t know how you eff this up but the subs on Crunchryroll via Amazon Prime are an absolute mess.

Obviously anecdotal here but I’ve started watching the Entertainment Arc of Demon Slayer and within the first minute Rengoku has been called Goku, Rococo and something else nonsensical that I’ve forgotten in my annoyance. Sentences between different speakers just run on in the same block of on-screen text and the whole thing occasionally reads like those auto-translated subs YouTube uses.

I’ve done a search and can’t see anyone complaining about the main CR subs so why on earth Amazon would use completely different ones is beyond me.

Possibly lazy AI translated subs? but I agree, no reason for there to be different subs as it's still Crunchyroll at the end of the day.

Possibly lazy AI translated subs? but I agree, no reason for there to be different subs as it's still Crunchyroll at the end of the day.
Yeah, that’s the only thing I can think of given it really is names it struggles most with, rarely being consistent from one sentence to another.

Not like Demon Slayer is a particularly unwatched niche show either

Maybe Crunchyroll's subtitle format isn't compatible with Amazon's video player. If one uses bitmap overlays and the other uses text files rendered at the player end then that would explain it (maybe).

So I guess Crunchyroll are going back to giving slipcovers to all of the UK editions? This flip flopping is driving me up the wall. Ad least we are getting some catalogue titles that never got a release here like Uzaki-Chan season 1 even if its only to make up for season 2 coming out. No LE for season 1 disappointingly.

Back