DBZ Movies 1 & 2 Blu-Ray

megagold5

Straw Hat Pirate
Just in-case anyone was intending to buy the upcoming release of Dragonball Z movies 1 & 2 from the U.S on Blu-ray, I got mine today and it is region-encoded to Region A (America). So, unless you have a region A compatable player (which a UK PS3 is NOT), then it won't work (Unlike the Broly Double-Feature which was Region Free). I found this out the hard way....i.e it doesnt work in my PS3 *cries in corner*. Stupid Funimation and their trickery...

Tricky.

I'd keep an eye out for a program that can play Blu-Ray no matter where its from. Then download Linux to your PS3. Then use that program to play your Blu-ray.

Good luck.

melonpan said:
*puts the people who invented region coding on the death list*

They have been on mine for a long, long time...my only salvation has been Freeloader and Region-Free DVD players....

The Trunks/Bardock DVD is meant to be R2 (R-everything really), but it blatantly refuses to work on a UK PS3!

Works on my DVD player, but c'mon...it'd look better on the PS3 (not really relevant, but whatever).

Thanks for the info...nearly bought the 1-2 BD a few days ago. Oh well, guess I'll wait for the UK release.

Oh, hang on...THERE WON'T BE ONE. -_-

If I ever get round to buying a PS3, I'm going to get a US one. The European one is a cut down version and smells. (And I need it to upscale my R1's)

Why do they do this sort of thing, was looking foward to picking this up as well, bad luck megagold5 I hope you didnt pay to much for it.

A guy at work has told me there is a trick with the PS3 to get them to re-set the regions. Something about hitting the circle button as it tries to load the disc. As I don't own a PS3 I have been unable to verify this. The guy is a bigger home cinema nut and importer of discs than me, so I would not dispute what he said.

Whenever people want to know about what BD's are Region Free, This site is always linked. Its quite interesting, really. The Studios obviously know what they are doing, are try to get the most out of the locking when they see profitable, to them..

However, for DBZ.. ;/ I wonder if Revelation will make a staggering announcement about it. Doubt it.

Back