Dead or Alive 4

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Got this in the post today. Info I'd read about it boasted 'the most complex countering system yet', & I'd heard there were changes.

THANKFULLY, everything feels much the same, just with more moves & smoother graphics.

Not played it much yet, but I am very much enjoying it. It is more difficult than previous DoA games, but at least the last boss isn't a cheap MOFO like in DoA3.

More when I play more.

ive played it once that was in gamestation and my face when i was out the shop after buyin a game was like so amazed!! i was smiling for a long time sayin how good that game is! Lol i need to get an xbox 360 now and doa 4 lol

i heard mixed reviews for it. but i havent had chance to play it yet so i can't really comment on it. *runs to gamestation*

I'm gonna buy it... I'm just managing money atm... :S
Need some for London trip within a week's time, and I only got £100 total (Who knows what I might find down there...)

But it's a must-buy for me.

picked it up today and ummm were shall i start amazing graphics, fairly hard gameplay (if you never played the previous games get ready for many curse words and thrown joypads.lol) im pretty impresed but i dont see the reason for adding as little as they did and bumping up the graphics then charging a whole lot more for it im not gonna be a thread killer but seriously this is kinda all to frequent in these "Next-Gen" titles

need for speed anyone or how about madden ???????

i have doa2 but then those bastards over at microsoft bought exclusive rights to it, which is a shame becuase it's honestly the best beat'em'up for gameplay i have ever played (and i am a HUGE beat'em'up fan) and it could have alot more potential and be alot bigger if it wasn't exclusive to an eventually doomed console...

skikes said:
i have doa2 but then those bastards over at microsoft bought exclusive rights to it, which is a shame becuase it's honestly the best beat'em'up for gameplay i have ever played (and i am a HUGE beat'em'up fan) and it could have alot more potential and be alot bigger if it wasn't exclusive to an eventually doomed console...

I share your anger, my friend. And they stole the Oddworld series from us as well... :( Man, I miss Abe and co...

Dam companies :O but oh well DOA 4 rocks !!!!
im gona get it soon and then wow i have all the doa games that are out and made :p

one problem with it tho! .... NO LEON IN IT HOW DAM ARGGGG!

T4rn14 said:
I played it in GAME against a bunch of random people, i won 6-2. *Is proud*

Kool, just dont do what I did on DOA-Online...
1st ever matches were up against an S class fighter... TT_TT I stood up to them for a good while, but they'd win still... Now I'm a D+/C- class :(

I bought a Xbox 360 with this game the other day, Its pretty sweet, Ive completed it with quite a few people, I still dont get how the counter system works though.

Ramen89 said:
I bought a Xbox 360 with this game the other day, Its pretty sweet, Ive completed it with quite a few people, I still dont get how the counter system works though.

You have to press back+block at the same time as they go to punch/kick your character. This is very tricky though as timing is crucial.
I find it hard at times to figure out if the opponant is attacking high/low so I get my butt kicked quite a bit... Especially by Alpha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back