Deathnote

Probably not as much as you ;) but I enjoyed Death Note and L a great deal too! There are a few topics from not long ago on the DN movies etc you might find interesting.

R

ryuzaki said:
Is it necessary to add an image to almost every post you make?

I liked Death Note, but then it got far too over hyped for what it was, I mean, sure it was good, but ...I felt like it dragged on a bit, I was pretty bored by the end.

The first arc is excellent but it did feel a bit dragged-out later on - Near and Mello seemed like L clones rehashing the same old ideas, which is a shame because that first arc is one of my all-time favourite manga stories. It has pretty much everything else going in its favour - good artwork, interesting premise and an *intelligent* storyline (who'd expect the latter from Shounen Jump, eh?).

The hype does annoy me but it's inevitable when something is popular.

@Yagami: even though he's evil and insane by the end, you still end up with a grudging respect for the guy. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that. The moral ambiguity is one of Death Note's greatest strengths actually.

I've read the first arc of the manga in one go, but then I've stop (it was still gong) and didn't pick it up again. I still need to get the rest of it someday...

Aaron said:
Matsuda is best.

Yeah, Touta Matsuda is quite cool. Although, he gets really weird and tense towards the end, like when he shoots light in the last episode.

I think Light's sister is pretty funny as well, in the first episodes when she is young and she's always shouting Light down to eat ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
DeathNote_Holder said:
I am a massive deathnote fan, does anyone share the love of L as I do?

You might wanna stop putting pics in every post ;)

And no, im not the BIGGEST L fan, in Death Note, Mikami is by far the best character. Mikami + Light

(Is it REALLY necassary to Spoiler tag those??)

I liked all of the Japanese police officers. My favourite was probably Aizawa as he seemed very human. The shinigami were also awesome.

My favourite is L of course, but I didn't start following the series for him or for hot guys or whatever, it was the plot and the sublime art of an artist I was already a fan of. I read the manga and watched the movies a while back and am collecting the UK release of the anime so if they changed anything in the ending, I don't know about it yet and don't particularly want to :)

As usual in life I don't care how popular something is and people being fans of it can't make me like something less - it was always mega popular from the outset but every volume was still exciting to read when it arrived through my letterbox!

I also loved that L has a G4 MDD Mac like mine (with the same monitors) and Light has a PC. Little touches like that make me smile.

R

Why cant i put pictures at the end of my posts??

sad.gif

Rui said:
I also loved that L has a G4 MDD Mac like mine (with the same monitors) and Light has a PC. Little touches like that make me smile.

R

I always wondered why L was so clever and popular now I have my answer he is a Mac Whore so he "Think('s) different". I love spotting Macs in anime, there are a few out there.

My old Grape revision C G3 333 MHz iMac is still going strong, but I will probably be replacing it soon with a 24" iMac as it is now not able to run the latest versions of things like Flash.

Dracos said:
My old Grape revision C G3 333 MHz iMac is still going strong, but I will probably be replacing it soon with a 24" iMac as it is now not able to run the latest versions of things like Flash.

I'm impressed, my Bondi G3 iMac went to a better place long ago! My secondary machine is an early G4 Powermac (400MHz...) and I was sad they finally cut off support for it in Leopard - still expecting years of service from it even if it is stuck with Tiger :s

I got a kick out of all the Mac fanservice in Lain too...

R

RetroRainbow said:
I thought Matt could've been a pretty good character.
You know, if he hadn't died within minutes of his debut.

thanks for that spolier. I'm not gonna watch it now cuz you spoilt it for me.

Back