Definitive list of UK releases?

The Judge

Brigade Leader
Is there anywhere that has a definitive list of UK region 2 dvd releases so far? As in a list of what has officially been released here. The reason I ask is because sites really confuse me sometimes. I am considering getting Noir but would like to get the whole series in one go so I want to know if all the volumes have been released. Amazon shows up to volume 6 in region 2 but volume 7 is only available in region 1 :?. And the release dates seem to be from ages ago (at least on amazon anyway) so I'd imagine volume 7 would be out here too. Other sites don't even have up to volume 6. Confused. I've found similar things with other series as well.

Noir has indeed been completely released here; amazon sometimes has random titles missing from its database (Noir 7, Pretear 2, Full Metal Panic 6, to name three that I know of), but if you head over to play.com you'll get a much better list of what's available- they even have an A-Z of anime titles.

Hmm... I didn't really like noir that much... What they wear is way to impractical for a killing spree. Although I liked chloe until towards the end. It's interesting that it was set in france. A lot more animes are being set across the globe. Like hellsing was cast in England. (Cast isn't really the right word, but oh well).

Personally Noir is my second favourite anime ever made other than Berserk , so I highly recommend checking it out if you havent seen it.
Play.com really should have the majority if not all things released in the UK on dvd as has been said. ADV UK's website lists all the titles they have released too , and I'm fairly sure MVM's and Manga Ent's does also.

zuki said:
Hm. Why do you like noir so much?

I like a great deal of things about it . I like the style of the gun fights with impossible over the top combat , and semi-invincible heroines. The charecters are fun as they pull off ridiculous fighting maouveres Like Kirika leaping down the middle of the tower tied to a rope and killing the guy she is fighting as she is in mid-air

I like the plot a great deal , and the way you are only given snippits of the story as it advances towards its big revelations towards the end of the series.

Most of all I think the charecters are great, particularly Chloe , but the cast in general is good . Lots of strong female charecters which I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I get what you mean. It's good that they do have strong female characters. But I'll stick to naruto ^^

Noir is one of them seire that people like alot or just find really boring. THere always mixed feeling from poeple who have watched it and the reviews. I found it really enjoyable myself but you have to sit down and really watch it to understand it, its not a serie you can just pick up and watch half way though and have so fun (rune soilder is a seire like that).

I like Noir, especially some of the in-film music...
I just find the entrance and ending themes annoying... Otherwise it's a great series to watch :D (Just fast foward the entrance :p )

I like the opening song. Although before I met Chloe i thought she was a boy. Hr. I just started re-watching it... But got bored and hungry.

My favourite Entrances are GITS:SAC (both songs) and Ikki Tousen.
My favourite Endings are from Bleach (Thank you and Life is like a boat)

But the .hack OST rocks!!! In my opinion of course :p

Back