Digimon Season 1 Blu-Ray, legit?

I'm going to say 99% no based solely on the fact that they say it's Dub only.
The only dub masters which still exist are the old SDTV ones (hence why some of the DVD eps have logos on them at the start of each episode), so there's no way a legit R1 distributor would put it out on BD. I believe this seems to be a common thing with old 4kids shows, so don't expect to see a bluray for anything like Digimon or Yugioh.

hmmmm if it were $50 I'd risk it but $110 is too too much to risk.
Guess it's the old cliché, when you think something is too good to be true it usually is.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Guess it's the old cliché, when you think something is too good to be true it usually is.
However, if you're looking for Digimon on home video, you can buy it on DVD from RightStuf. The first five seasons can be bought for $72 (£43.64) each.

Joshawott said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
However, if you're looking for Digimon on home video, you can buy it on DVD from RightStuf. The first five seasons can be bought for $72 (£43.64) each.
I found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digimon-A...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4611ed4e4d
Ordered from them before (great no custom hits thus far) unsure tho! price is a bit low but description says all 54 episodes?

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Joshawott said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
I found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digimon-A...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4611ed4e4d
Ordered from them before (great no custom hits thus far) unsure tho! price is a bit low but description says all 54 episodes?
Originally, the season releases were split into volumes and with the picture and that price, it might be worth contacting the seller about whether or not they accidentally copied that description from the full season yet and are only selling the third volume? Especially as the complete season 1 collection is 8 discs when that set is only 3.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Joshawott said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
I found this:
It's likely to be a typing error in that part as the information below the detailed item information box is correct as it states that there's only 15 episodes in the set (and with it showing region 1, it's more likely to be legit since bootlegs have no region coding).

As for the original link, it's likely to be a bootleg as new video group (who currently licenses digimon) hasn't announced any BD release (and I think that there isn't any HD footage, so doing a BD release is likely to be highly expensive).

Joshawott said:
Originally, the season releases were split into volumes and with the picture and that price, it might be worth contacting the seller about whether or not they accidentally copied that description from the full season yet and are only selling the third volume? Especially as the complete season 1 collection is 8 discs when that set is only 3.
IIRC the initial release was a complete collection and the volumes came later.
The UPC given in the ebay listing is for volume 3 only.

Back