Digimon vs Pokemon !!!!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Here's one for you guys! me and my mate were just having a dicussion about when pokemon and digimon were on at the same time on citv back in the day. he preferred pokemon which i hated and i preferred digimon beacause their was a actual plot taking place through the episodes! pokemon to me was the same thing evey week and it got boring quckly! which side do you fall on?

Although, I fail to remember Digimon's actual storyline and plot. A group of kids say bye to their parents without their parents caring and just hop off to the Digital World to wonder around aimlessly is all what I can remember. There was some sort of massive Digital World Portal that exploded in Japan as well. Personally, Even if Digimon has a plot - Personally, I much rather Pokémon, by far. Not because the show is great, But because the games are good and all ways will be good. I've said it before.. The anime itself is very... very.. Tedious.

They shouldn't be compared.

/thread

The plot for digimon, well, the first series at least was that a group of children on summer camp were taken up into the digital world through an aurora. Since they were at camp, their parents would not have noticed at first. There they found a set of digimon which were to protect them and tried to save the digital world from first, the clutches of devimon, then as they travelled through the continents they had to defeat different evils, eventually having to face up against myotismon as he searched for the 8th digi-destined and entered into the human world.

I loved both to be honest. I'm at the stage where I want to watch both again - I loved digimon for the storyline more, but I loved the characters in pokemon, also with pokemon you could just turn on and know what was going on - since there was an overarching plot in digimon it became a bit more difficult.

Have to say season 3 of digimon was my favourite though.

Digimon over Pokemon anyday in the anime...

Especially Tamers <3 (which is Season 3 btw). What I loved about it is that it's so dark, the characters are much more better, it's got Renamon and best of all... it's got a superior Dub Track (no kidding... I rather listen to the Dub of Biomerge than the jap).Though what I don't like about it is that they put Digi at the beggining of everything.

Tamers does have the superior plot... But Pokemon is another thing, Lets travel around the world with an annoying and never aging trainer who haven't hit puberty yet, go and help some random people, team rocket comes and blast off again and win Gym Badge. Then repeat...

I'm suprised that even little kiddies can't see that it's so boring.

I discussed this a few months back actually. Talking more of the anime, Digimon has an actual plot, so wins hands down.

If we're discussing the games, then it goes to pokémon :)

Pokemon without a doubt. Even now, at 25 (I started to watch it when I was 16, about a year or two after I started to get into anime), I still have a real soft spot for it (I've been buying the Indigo DVD box sets #^^#) and was once an obsessed fan (Misty left, and that's where the obsession stopped :( )

Also love the games (have played every generation but never came close to capturing all the Pokemon) and have to get back to Pearl (have beaten the Elite Four but still need to see the last few Pokemon!)

I used to watch them both when they were on tv and I was much a big fan of pokemon since I got loads of pokemon merchandise but I also liked digimon (I even skipped my afterschool club in middle school to watch it).
I just play the pokemon games now

Hmm, can't see a pokemon classic getting beaten by Digimon. The hype for all the pokemon cards was legendary at it's peak and I remember how everyone would rush home after school or get up early to watch that one pokemon episode. Also, the games rocked. They're still not bad to be honest!

Thought this was gonna be another generic versus topic like Elfen Lied vs DBZ, if that was the case Digimon, easily. There's digimon who can alter reality and destroy dimensions. >_>

Digimon anime is better than Pokémon anime, easily too, but Pokémon series from Kanto to the end of Johto are classic.

Well I was a Pokemon nut,but also loved Digimon.I think I was the only person out of my friends that liked Digimon.Though I remember when I was still in primary school accidently reading a Digimon yaoi smut fic.I guess it all snow balled from then on XD

Used to be a massive fan of both, but Digimon had the lasting appeal. Basically because the storylines of all of the seasons have been so much better than Pokemon's. This in turn makes for better character development. I think Digimon also did the right thing by not drawing out the same characters over a very prolonged period of time, and refreshed the story every series.

Of course, the Pokemon games will always be better, but as far as the anime goes, I think Digimon wins hands down. Unfortunately, Pokemon was the one that got very popular first, and consequently people assumed that because Digimon ended in "mon" and also had monsters, it must be a ripoff, which is clearly not the case. It's always been in it's shadow, which is really sad.

I remember watching both as well, but I got to see pokemon first, since it was airing on sky1 Weeeyy before citv.
though the dubs now are absolute crap, got the notion that they replaced Ash's VC with a chav!

Sadly I am Pokemon fan all the way. Yea digimon was awesome! and at least the Digimon could talk...but there was something about pokemon that I loved. Maybe it was the fact that you could travel all over, do battles, and seem to have all the money in the world to do so! Lmao XD

Well, Digimon, for the most part....although I would have to order them something like this...(1 being best)...
1. Digimon 1/2/4/5
2. Digimon Movies
3. Pokemon Movies
3. Digimon 3 (I really fail too see why most people prefer Tamers)
4. Pokemon Episodes

Digimon (series wise) has a much better plot, and is generally more kickass...the movies are good also, but aren't long enough (except maybe the main one) to really get into anything.

Pokemon Movies are pretty good and I do honestly believe that they should scrap the series and just do a movie and maybe a special or two each year.

megagold5 said:
3. Digimon 3 (I really fail too see why most people prefer Tamers)

Because it's the darkest one yet, gives more depth into the Digimon, especially how it's created. And I thought the Characters are superior to the last two =P

I cringe a bit when I saw 4 being in your list (No.1) because Frontier is the worse one yet... The characters are flat, and they turned Biomerging which was awesome in the 3rd one to cringe-worthy.

I thought Tamers also had much more suspense, and had a more engrossing and "realistic" storyline than the other series.

The background information that Chiaki Konaka made on the series is amazing; even the plot is based on actual events that happened in real life.

Back