Do you like to buy serie from a centain studio?

Do you like to buy serie from a centain studio?

• yes, i will only buy a seire from a centain studio.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, i dont really care who made it

• Sometimes,

• Total voters

valha

Stand User
Are you a person who only buys series from a centain studio/animter, or are you a person who dose not really care who made it, or are you a a person who sometimes buy a seire because they like the studio.

If I liked a certain studio's anime, it would definitely make me want to buy other series by that studio. At the moment I like GONZO and Production I.G.

I put no, as like as i enjoy it thats all that matters to me.

I also like to give all different studios seires a try to make sure im not missing anything :)

it doesn't really cross my mind. sometimes i'll make a mentyal note if the show is especially outstanding, but not often.

i go more on recommendations from others or who the director is.

Not really, It crosses my mind occasionally. I did originally pick up Madlax as it was from the creative team behind Noir. But thats about the only time I've done such a thing.

Creators influence me more than studios. I bought Ultra Maniac purely because it was from the same creator as Marmalade Boy. I find certain studios can be over rated anyway! The one exception, and I guess almost everyone would feel the same, is Studio Ghibli :D

Sometimes "brand loyalty" comes into it, but that doesn't mean I'll blindly buy anything from a studio, but that I am more inclined to take an interest in something that they have produced.

Some studios have a cult following like GONZO for example, their fans would watch probably watch anything that is influenced by them.

But, I follow an anime rather than the studios - as long as the anime has a good plot, enjoyable characters and it's fun to watch as well! It doesn't really matter which studio it was from, the only thing that matters is that it's good at the end of the day! :wink:
________
FORD CAPRI HISTORY

I often follow what my favourite anime studios are producing.

Let's see... I've always loved BONES. They have produced Bebop: The Movie, RahXephon, Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kurau: Phantom Memory and Scrapped Princess. They have an eye for a good story and almost everything they touch turns to gold. So yeah, anything they produce is more than worth a look in my books. They haven't made a bad series yet.

Like-wise, I'm fast becoming a Madhouse fan. In recent times, they've produced superior series like Monster, BECK, X TV and Haijime no Ippo. They seem to choose very unconventional stories for animation but what they produce is so unique.

Some studios are very much like bands and the series they produce are like their songs.

If the reviews are good on the anime/manga, then I'll buy it. If not, then I usually go with either ADV for anime or Tokyopop for mangas.

Hmm...if I see an anime by certain studios i'm more likely to read up on it, but my purchasing decisions are not often influenced by studio, even if a studio (Bones, Gonzo, Madhouse) have had a run of excellent anime.

I don't really care that much, i don't think i've ever really thought about it when watching an anime, i think if i'm buying an anime, if anything i care more about who licensed it and who is releasing it, i have quite high views of what MVM have been releasing recently, so i'm more likely to think other things they release in the future will be good

Back