Do your friends share you love of anime?

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Just wondering what peoples situations were, regarding their friends interest in anime.

For me, my friends like anime, but they aren't nuts about it like I am.

I generally tend to watch anything, to give it a chance at least, whereas my friends only watch anime they know are awesome, or more specifically, anime that has a vampiric/demonic theme :p

My friends also like anime. I'm also a member of a anime/manga society. So there's quite a fandom around me.
One of them reads through mangas like crazy! She has read 13 mangas in one weekend! TT_TT
They don't have a specific style/favourite theme, except in the society... They're all pervy ecchi fans like me. (If they were allowed, I'm sure they would put on some hentai for the fun of it...)

My friends don't like it as far as I can tell, don't speak to them about it. They'd stereotype it for something it isn't (partially).

almost all my friends do watch anime from slam dunk, yu yu hakusho, lupin and many various anime.... when we are in the library we sometimes talk about a particular anime or share something that it's worth watching.... but what i hate about them is that they don't buy the dvd or manga (maybe in that group of 15 it's just 2 of us who buys) which is irritating me...what a bunch of leechers and i keep telling them to purchase it....

a few of my friends do enjoy watching some anime, but they aren't all fans like me, mind you i don't really live in an area which has many interested in anime and manga so i don't expect many around here to know what i would mean by saying i'm going off to watch one piece or full metal panic.

Arbalest said:
a few of my friends do enjoy watching some anime, but they aren't all fans like me, mind you i don't really live in an area which has many interested in anime and manga so i don't expect many around here to know what i would mean by saying i'm going off to watch one piece or full metal panic.

Same situation here really

I have friends who read manga/watch anime, they used to like the big three, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, now I got one of them into D.Gray-man and the other Death Note, I tried getting them into Berserk and Gantz too, but they didn't care for it. ;_;

A few of my friends watch anime although generally its just the bigger ones like cowboy bebop, gits and ghibli movies. I tried my best to get them to diversify a bit but not had to much luck. Lots of my friends are heavily into marvel comics though so we all talk about are fandom allot anyway!

Few of my friends used to watch DBZ back in the day and thats about it, they know i watch it but they dont care.

My family however keeps refering to it at "that japanese stuff" :lol:

Nyu said:
Few of my friends used to watch DBZ back in the day and thats about it, they know i watch it but they dont care.

My family however keeps refering to it at "that japanese stuff" :lol:

Same here, except my parents seem to be quite open minded and don't really dismiss the whole thing as cartoons for kids and such >_>

However, my sister saw me watching Puni Puni Poemy and thought I'd finally gone off the deep end :p :lol:

They never used to be but im slowly converting them.Its best to show them a series that will blow away all their preconceptions like paranoia agent or lain.

Outlawstar said:
They never used to be but im slowly converting them.Its best to show them a series that will blow away all their preconceptions like paranoia agent or lain.

Hehe, I showed one of my friends CB and NGE and that kinda grabbed his interest :p

Before that all he knew was Naruto and Pokemon and such xD

my friends from home LOVES anime. some of them likes it. i am so into anime my friends told me that i was acting like one already..

here, uh,,, no. no one likes 'em. just the guy from class. but he doesnt like the big-eyed anime kinda thing. :shock:

Okay....

My best friend is taking interest in Anime, but not enough to watch more anime shows...

My other friend thinks Anime are for goths and babies...

Chrono Demon said:
Okay....

My best friend is taking interest in Anime, but not enough to watch more anime shows...

My other friend thinks Anime are for goths and babies...

Your other friend sounds like a real downer.

My suggestion: Disown your friend, and buy a hamster :twisted: 8)

I do know someone who is an anime freak,but ive only just got to know her and things are still a bit akward.Which is a shame as i dont really have any friends that like or know what anime is.

My best friend is aware i like it,and im dragging her to the london expo :D

I also have another friend who is slowly getting into it...

Other then that i have no one :cry:

Nope, no friends who like anime here.
It's a shame, but i should be thankful that my mum and my sister do, if they didn't i would feel very lonely in my interest. It's always more fun watching things with other people

Three of my friends like anime and manga, one of them adores it, like me. Unfortunately, however, none of the people I go to school with (aka see on a daily basis) like it. At my old school I co-ran the anime society though!

Back